We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

planning activities for people with neck and knee problems

Naples, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
planning activities for people with neck and knee problems

Hi RedRox, one of my friends told me to contact you regarding my trip on April 9th to Arizona. My husband and I will be staying for 6 days in Arizona, most of our time being spent in Sedona. My husband has had multiple surgeries, neck and knees, and has some problems walking too much. My friend, Ron G., told me to contact you and tell you my husband condition and you might be able to help me plan an eventful fun trip. We will be staying with family at Sky Ranch Lodge in Sedona for a wedding. My sister and I are looking forward to hiking a little and sight seeing. My brother in law also has knee problems, so this might be a challenge for you, however my friend said that you were wonderful planning everything for his family. Thank you for any suggestions or assistance you might be able to give me. Jackie G.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,815 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: planning activities for people with neck and knee problems

If you've got back or neck issues you'll probably want to skip the off road jeep tours. You will get bounced around, but not severely. But why take chances? There are plenty of places to enjoy the beauty of Sedona from your car, on foot or on your butt. Lots of places to turn off the roads, park and wander. I'm not talking about hikes, just short walks with rests where ever you want to sit and just take in the surrounding environment.

Do go to the Chapel of the Holy Cross, and don't miss Red Rock Crossing. Drive Red Rock Loop Road, and of course drive up Oak Creek Canyon and back. But most of all stop often and give it all plenty of time.

2. Re: planning activities for people with neck and knee problems

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 27, 2014