We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona for 2 nights?

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
8 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Sedona for 2 nights?

My husband and I are flying into Phoenix and driving to the Grand Canyon for 4 nights at the El Tovar. Plan on stopping on the way in Sedona for 1 night and perhaps again on the way back. Is there anywhere else we might want to stop on the way back instead of staying 2 nights in Sedona? Going 8/31 - 9/6. Thanks!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona for 2 nights?

Unless you are both really avid hikers, 4 nights at the GC is way too much. I would cut the GC to 2 nights and add them to Sedona. There are so many things to see and do around Sedona, you will wish you had more time. (I know, I sound like Redrox)

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,131 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona for 2 nights?

You think like me too Mike.

If you have five nights, spend 2 at El Tovar and 3 at Sedona. When it's all done you might report back and ask why we didn't say 1 might at GCNP and 4 at Sedona. You're shorting Sedona, no matter how you do it.

Tucson
Level Contributor
16 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona for 2 nights?

2 Nights is perfect for Sedona, or if you want to mix it up stay one night in Flagstaff, several good museums (AZ Pioneer Historical,The Riordan and The Museum of Northern AZ and eat at Black Barts

Sedona is over priced and too touristy, the main drive in will drive you straight through. Grab a bite to eat for lunch in beautiful Oak Creek @ the Indian Gardens, you won't be disappointed.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
8 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona for 2 nights?

Thanks so much for your advice. Will certainly consider this in our planning.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sedona for 2 nights?

I was just back in Sedona for 4.5 days spending very little time in town. I still have hikes on my list for future trips. Two nights are not nearly enough for me. I (personally) wouldn't spend more than one night at Grand Canyon, unless I was planning to hike below the rim.

Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sedona for 2 nights?

Flying into Phx. from Savannah this April for our 9th trip to Sedona. That should tell you that spending more time in Sedona is highly suggested. We were going to spend 2 nights in GC this trip but cut it down to 1 because of the temps. Will go to Page for the Antelope Canyon Tour for the extra night. 3 nights in Monument Valley and Mexican Hat Utah before heading back to Sedona for 7 nights. You can do MV in 1 but we have the time and there are several places to see besides the MV in this area. Highly suggest taking in Page and you can never spend to much time in Sedona. So many things to see and experience in Sedona. Already planning our Sept. trip for 2014. Some trips with my husband but when family and friends see my photos I end up back in Sedona with a new group each year. Hope this helps with your plans.

7. Re: Sedona for 2 nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, March 11, 2014