We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Day in the West

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
A Day in the West

Wondered if anyone had any recent experience with "A Day in the West" Jeep tours? I am looking for a Jeep tour and there happens to be a pretty good deal for that company. I've read great reviews about the Pink Jeep tours but this one is a great deal (about 50% of the regular price)... Any comments or reviews? I checked the Tripadvisor reviews but no one has posted in a few years.

Thanks!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,214 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Day in the West

Pink Jeep gets the big bucks because they are the best, for many reasons. Companies that offer deep discounts generally give you as much as you pay for, and little more.

I'm not knocking A Day in the West. I know the owner and several of their guides. Every one of them wishes that they could be working at PJ. Someday the best ones will.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Day in the West

Thanks for your reply. I thought that might be the case. I certainly want to have the best experience possible.

Can you also provide your quick thoughts on whether a day trip to Sedona (from PHX) is reasonable to get a good experience, or should I consider staying a night in Sedona and taking 2 days to explore? The only reason I would think about just making it a day trip is because I have free accommodations in Phoenix...

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,214 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Day in the West

2 days is better than one. Being there for sunset and sunrise is cool too.

I generally advise a minimum of 3 days in Sedona. Do two and you'll start planning to come back again on a future vacation. I understand the lure of free housing. The trade off for time in Sedona is better IMO

4. Re: A Day in the West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 22, 2014