We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona 101: Time to go places to stay for Daughter and...

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new hampshire
5 posts
Save Topic
Sedona 101: Time to go places to stay for Daughter and...

Ive been to Sedona once and vowed Id go back.

I want to go back in Sept (labor day) or Oct (columbus Day

due to limited vacation time and booking vacation time around holidays is key.

Questions:

1. When is off season? When is best time to go?

2) Where is best to fly into? Coming from Boston or NH

3) Do I really need to rent a car or should I book tours all the time

4) Need a fairly quaint place in and around Sedona for myself 30 something and possible parents 60 something. Both parents are in good shape but doubt they could do the Jeep Tours due to the rocking and rolling.

5) Is there a tour company package that anyone knows about that can book things for us so I dont have to search the net and do it myself? Im a full time meetng planner by day and have no patience to do full time event planning for a vaction.

THANKS!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona 101: Time to go places to stay for Daughter and...

There is hardly an "off season" anymore in Sedona. But I would choose October to come here. We usually have great weather in Oct. (may be still fairly hot on Labor Day). Also, I think Labor Day is still the last chance vacation before school starts (in some places), so maybe more crowded.

There is the wonderful annual "Sedona Arts Festival" on Oct. 7 & 8 which makes a great outdoor day. Have a look at their website:

http://www.sedonaartsfestival.org

Most people fly into Phoenix. From there rent a car and drive 2 hours to Sedona (very easy drive once you leave Phoenix). There are a few shuttle services between Sedona and Phoenix airport, but I would think having a car would give you more freedom. Driving is easy around here. Since I live in Sedona I don't know about tour companies or packages here, but I suggest that you start by looking at www.visitsedona.com. Also, you and your parents would probably like the Sedona Trolley tour www.sedonatrolley.com.

Whatever you do, I'm sure you'll have a great vacation in Sedona!