We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildlife Jeep Tour & Hiking Suggestions

Northumberland, UK
Level Contributor
218 posts
5 reviews
Wildlife Jeep Tour & Hiking Suggestions

Hi

Hoping to visit in September, we were there in Sept last year with family so did helicopter, kayaking, etc. Will just be us this year and I wanted some advice on wildlife viewing. I've found 2 tours - A Day In The West and Arizona Safari Jeep Tours. They look quite similar, so can anyone recommend one or the other.

Also my husband wants to do some hiking, but I have some joint problems, I can walk but it needs to be relatively flat, not too many hills would be best,and somewhere I can go at my own pace. So any suggestions for easyish hikes would be great.

Many thanks

Hannah

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,632 posts
249 reviews
1. Re: Wildlife Jeep Tour & Hiking Suggestions

Spotting wildlife around Sedona is mostly a matter of luck and timing. We tend to see more around dawn and dusk. I don't know how any of the jeep companies can improve your odds. A Day in the West is the better company of the two you list IMO

For smoother hikes choose Bell Rock pathway, Red Rock Crossing and West Fork for starters

Edited: 1:01 pm, January 29, 2013
Northumberland, UK
Level Contributor
218 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Wildlife Jeep Tour & Hiking Suggestions

Thanks RedRox

On a different subject I want to try and organise something 'memorable /special' for our 20th wedding anniversary. Our actual anniversary is in June but we will be celebrating with family on a beach holiday so this would be my gift to him. Can anyone recommend a particular hot air ballooning company or is there anywhere in the area to go parasailing or any other recommendations would be great.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,632 posts
249 reviews
3. Re: Wildlife Jeep Tour & Hiking Suggestions

Two balloon companies in Sedona. Red Rock Balloon and Northern Light. I recommend Northern Light.

4. Re: Wildlife Jeep Tour & Hiking Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 06, 2014