We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So much to choose from. Which hike?

Ypsilanti, Michigan
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
So much to choose from. Which hike?

My husband and I will be traveling to Sedona in April. We will have spent 4 days in Phoenix at a conference. So, Sedona is for fun and relaxation. We are only staying two nights (but will have 3 days) at the Junipine Resort, so we don't have a lot of time to see everything Sedona offers.

We are hikers and would like to do a 3 or so hour hike one day. What do you recommend for a good workout, but not too strenuous? I have looked at several hikes recommended and cannot decide! They all look beautiful.

We hope to dine at the Elote Cafe one night. What would you recommend for a 2nd night?

We will also be taking a Pink Jeep tour, and seeing Jerome. Any other must sees? And we will see the Cathedral. And we want to spend time at our resort, too, relaxing and reading and drinking some wine.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,097 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: So much to choose from. Which hike?

You have a rather full schedule already. Keep in mind that from Junipine it will take about 15-20 minutes just to get to and from town for any of your listed activities. That means that your resort time will probably be in the mornings. I suggest hiking along the creek from there.

Don't miss some time at Red Rock Crossing. For a second nights dinner try Silver Saddle, Dans Bistro or Dahl & DiLuca

2. Re: So much to choose from. Which hike?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:34 am, January 12, 2013
Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
85 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: So much to choose from. Which hike?

You can't go wrong with almost any hike in Sedona. Some of our favorites are Doe Mountain, Brins Mesa, Little Horse to Chicken Point, and Mystic off of Long Canyon Road.

4. Re: So much to choose from. Which hike?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 14, 2014