We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona vortex's in Dec.

Avon Lake, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Sedona vortex's in Dec.

We are planning on going to Sedona, AZ Dec. 27-31, 12. If there is snow which would be the best vortex or should we go to a vortex? Best hikes if there is snow? Also, are you able to star gaze during Dec. or is it to overcast?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,510 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona vortex's in Dec.

Star gazing in Dec is awesome. The cold crisp air makes it amazing. Vortexes are a myth. Focus on scenic sites.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
2,331 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona vortex's in Dec.

Many people feel spiritual energy all over the red rocks of Sedona. No need to go specifically to a designated vortex. Of course, most of the so-called vortexes are at great sites.

It will be colder and more snow (if it snows) as you go north on Hwy 89A up through Oak Creek Canyon. The scenery is amazing in Sedona after if snows. I would just watch out for shady trails that may still have ice on them. If it snows in Sedona, it usually melts by noon.

tucson, az
Level Contributor
4,105 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona vortex's in Dec.

>>Vortexes are a myth. <<

Heh. When we were on a local train going from Milan to Lecco in Italy this summer we were getting ready to diembark and began talking with an Italian man who, when he learned we are from Arizona said he'd lived in Sedona for a number of years but had to leave because he couldn't handle the New Agey and Vortex-believeing people there.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,789 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona vortex's in Dec.

I thought we turned them off in the wintertime anyway to save energy. ;-P

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,346 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sedona vortex's in Dec.

Snow usually isn't usually that much of a problem. For serious hiking it is usually worse the day after, as it melts, and the ground turns to mud! My husband has come home covered in mud and dirt because he slipped and fell.(He's usually pretty sure-footed.)

But if it's just a light snow, you could probably hike Bell Rock

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,431 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sedona vortex's in Dec.

Don't go looking for a vortex. If you hike in the right places, "they" will find you. Have an awesome visit! Don't worry about the snow.

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sedona vortex's in Dec.

"vortexes are a myth". thank you, redrox.

bob....funny stuff!

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,761 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sedona vortex's in Dec.

"I thought we turned them off in the wintertime anyway to save energy. ;-P"

lol...Vortex Savings Time? ;)>

To the OP - If it does snow, I would say stick to the hikes in Village of Oak Creek, such as Bell Rock, as Kate suggested. Avoid hikes such as West Fork in Oak Creek Canyon, as it would be more icy and cold up there.

9. Re: Sedona vortex's in Dec.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, December 18, 2013