We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona long weekend trip in November or early December

Minneapolis...
4 posts
Save Topic
Sedona long weekend trip in November or early December

Hello, I am trying to plan a trip to Sedona in the next month an am concerned about weather, especially snow. I am trying to debate between going 11/15-11/18 or going 11/30-12/2. Will there be much difference between these two dates as I am leaning towards going on the later of the two. I know its only 2 weeks but I am concerned going at the very end of November I may encounter snow. Some more background is that I was planning on staying at the Enchantment Resort and really want to experience Sedona's outdoors- natural red rock sights (Cathedral, Bell rock), hiking, vortexes, and likely a jeep tour in Sedona. I am also planning to take a plane trip to GCNP for a day and do a helicopter ride down into the canyon. Does anyone on here think it will be too cold to travel in late November to accomplish all of these outdoor activities and do you think renting a jeep would be doable this late in the season? I would like to go before it snows. I appreciate any help or comments by anyone who can assist. Thank you

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,528 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona long weekend trip in November or early December

No way to predict snow. I wouldn't let worries about that determine your travel dates.

I'd be more concerned about your over ambitious plans. Allowing a day for the Grand Canyon is fine. I wouldn't do it in the air though. Drive there instead. It will take about two hours each way.you'll need the day to tour the park from the many rim view points. If you insist on doing a helicopter flight, you can do an over flight from the GC airport, just outside the park. No flights fly below the rim or land in the canyon at the GCNP. Those tricked up gimmicks only take place at the extreme western region of the GC on the Indian reservation land known as grandcanyonwest. I refer to it as grandcanyonlite. Yes you can fly there from Sedona on a day trip, but you'll miss the real Grand Canyon. Do your research.

The rest of your activities can be managed around Sedona in two days. You'll be leaving the Enchantment Resort for all of the day light hours to accomplish it all though. I'd advise staying closer to town since you won't really have time to make use of the resort facilities. You can save money and still have ideal accommodations.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,273 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona long weekend trip in November or early December

If you are flying into Phoenix, you will lose part of the day with your flight, car rental, checking in and your drive to Sedona (2 hours). Going to the GCNP will take a day as well. That won't leave much time here. I'd add another day to the long weekend if possible.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
447 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona long weekend trip in November or early December

I agree with RR. Stay closer to town if you aren't going to be using the resort services. This will save you time, as it sounds like an action packed weekend on a tight schedule. Adding at least more day too, would really enhance your trip. You need to take the time to actually see and experience Sedona, and how the red rocks change color throughout the day, esp at sunset and look at the stars and Milky Way at night..

Edited: 3:09 am, November 01, 2012
4. Re: Sedona long weekend trip in November or early December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, November 01, 2012
Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sedona long weekend trip in November or early December

Read TA guidelines first before posting a ridiculous message like this,

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,017 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sedona long weekend trip in November or early December

Both weekends you are thinking of going you will be able to visit the Red Rock Fantasy at Los Abrigados resort which begins evenings at 5pm. It's a beautiful display of Christmas lights.

Minneapolis...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sedona long weekend trip in November or early December

Thanks for the info. I was really drawn to the Enchantment hotel because of its more modern accomodations, views, and that it was so secluded and set within the canyon, plus as you mentioned it sounds like it has some great amenities.... It is my understanding that uptown is more of a tourist spot. What would be another similiar resort to the Enchantment you would recommend? Thanks in advance for you help!

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,017 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sedona long weekend trip in November or early December

Did you check out L'Auberge. Closertotown but decided and by the creek. Lovely area.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
447 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sedona long weekend trip in November or early December

L'Auberge is a lovely, secluded resort that is right in the heart of the shopping area. As soon as you drive down the driveway, you almost enter another world of tranquility and calmness. Some of the cabins are on the creek. with dining on Oak Creek offered as another option.

10. Re: Sedona long weekend trip in November or early December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 15, 2013