We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average Temp for Sedona, Page & GC for early Nov?

Edison, NJ
Level Contributor
264 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Average Temp for Sedona, Page & GC for early Nov?

How much of heavy clothing should I bring ? Clothes ? Our trip is for Nov. 3 - 10th. I was thinking of my fleece plus my down vest. Is that good enough ? I can handle cold temps, HATE heat &humidity.

Should I bring a winter jacket ?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,858 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Average Temp for Sedona, Page & GC for early Nov?

GCNP would be where you potentially encounter the coldest weather. Your fleece and down as layers should be sufficient. Coldest time will be at night and just before sunrise in the morning. You will want to be outdoors for sunrise, especially at GCNP.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
7,807 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Average Temp for Sedona, Page & GC for early Nov?

You may want to make the final call a day or two before your trip by checking the weather forecast. I've been at the GC that first week of November the last two years and had snow both times. Fleece and vest may be enough but you may also want a hat and gloves.

Edison, NJ
Level Contributor
264 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Average Temp for Sedona, Page & GC for early Nov?

Hey, snow would be neat. I would NEVER hear the end of it. LOL !! You see, years ago I made this statement, " it never snows at the GC, that is the desert. How could it snow there??" I was serious. My sons and husband found photos on google to prove it.

You know what, I think our photos would look great with a little snow.

:)

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,858 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Average Temp for Sedona, Page & GC for early Nov?

Snow at the GC happens often, every winter. And when it does, it is stunning.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
18,105 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Average Temp for Sedona, Page & GC for early Nov?

Here are pics of a nice snowstorm a few years ago. What a great trip that was.The south rim is about 7000 feet so yes it does snow.

https:/…

Edison, NJ
Level Contributor
264 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Average Temp for Sedona, Page & GC for early Nov?

WOW ! What month was that ? OMG !!

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
18,105 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Average Temp for Sedona, Page & GC for early Nov?

That was March.And it snowed for the three days I was there.The canyon looked beautiful all covered in snow.And very few people could drive there as the interstate was closed. Also snowed in Vegas, and across alot of the Mojave desert.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,189 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Average Temp for Sedona, Page & GC for early Nov?

Wow dez, awesome pics. I saw some last March and we will be there again middle of November. Taking our son who has never seen the GC and some snow would be cool.

Edison, NJ
Level Contributor
264 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Average Temp for Sedona, Page & GC for early Nov?

I wouldn't mind a dusting, but that was a lot of snow. Last winter, we had a very mild winter temp and no snow. BUT we did have a snow & ice storm on Oct. 30th. That was my son's engagement party up in North Jersey. They got hit really bad. No electricity. At the last moment, the bride to be, her parents had to find another restaurant to feed 100 people. They did and all was well. Some places in NJ had off from school for 1 week because of no power. Who would ever think that would happen in October ?? Not us.

Freaky things happen.

Thanks for sharing.

10. Re: Average Temp for Sedona, Page & GC for early Nov?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, December 13, 2013