We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP- Enchanted vs. L'Auberge de Sedona Resort (Sept.)

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
P S
Memphis, Tennessee
3 posts
Save Topic
HELP- Enchanted vs. L'Auberge de Sedona Resort (Sept.)

Hi Sedona Forum Community! I'm seeking some guidance on selecting a resort in Sedona, AZ. I have narrowed it down to two resorts, names cited in the subject line. Both appear to be fabulous and relatively expensive so I want to see which resort offers more bang for the buck. Does anyone know of any deals/discounts offered by any affiliates and/or travel agencies? If I cannot find a good offer for travel in September 2012 then I may have to push the date back to sometime next year in order to find a better deal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this matter. Thank you for your time and feedback in advance

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,192 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP- Enchanted vs. L'Auberge de Sedona Resort (Sept.)

If its all about the deal, then you're not likely to find any during the high demand months of September and October.

Tell us what kind of bang you're looking for. The real appeal is in the spa facilities and add ons. You can get package deals, but they will be far more costly than the lowest room rates at either place. And if it's just a low room rate that you're looking for, you might want to look elsewhere. Visiting Sedona is more about enjoying the surrounding area and attractions. Nobody will care where you'll be sleeping at night. And if all you do is hang around your hotel, you're wasting your time and your money in Sedona.

BTW, it's called Enchantment.

Edited: 8:56 pm, August 04, 2012
Dallas
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP- Enchanted vs. L'Auberge de Sedona Resort (Sept.)

I agree it depends what you are looking for. These were my choices too and I chose Enchantment solely because it offered a two queen room and I was rooming with my sister. But for us, it was a girls' spa weekend--if a spa is not going to be a major part of your trip, then I don't know that I would recommend it. But for us, it was heaven.

I hope to try L'Auberge next time. :)

P S
Memphis, Tennessee
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP- Enchanted vs. L'Auberge de Sedona Resort (Sept.)

RedRox, thanks for your response and for bringing to my attention the correct name of the resort. :)

P S
Memphis, Tennessee
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP- Enchanted vs. L'Auberge de Sedona Resort (Sept.)

SG425, thanks for your response as well.

Marblehead, MA
Level Contributor
39 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP- Enchanted vs. L'Auberge de Sedona Resort (Sept.)

I've stayed at both, so if you have specific questions or concerns I may be able to answer them.

From your initial post, it seems like you're asking which one offers more for the money. I would say Enchantment. The rooms are beautifully and recently decorated, and you are on the grounds of a large resort with its many activities and amenities. If "bang for the buck" is the overriding concern, I would go for Enchantment.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,192 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP- Enchanted vs. L'Auberge de Sedona Resort (Sept.)

L'Auberge just completed a full renovation too.

Seattle
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP- Enchanted vs. L'Auberge de Sedona Resort (Sept.)

L'Auberge just completed a $25 million dollar renovation. The main differences between the two are as follows:

a. L'Auberge is located just below uptown, the heart of Sedona.

b. It's dining room and numerous cottages are located along the banks of Oak Creek. You can literally dip your foot in the creek it is so close!

c. It offers spa services along the banks of the creek

d. it is a non tipping resort for all services except spa & food/beverage as it is added on with your room rate

e. You have a choice of 3 types of setttings, Lodge (more aligned w/ how a hotel room is setup vs a cottage), Elegant, rustic cottages w/ outdoor showers in the shade of Sycamore canopy & creekside, or Red Rock view Cottages with contemporary, European styling, outdoor shower and uber luxury bathrooms.

f. complimentary services include yoga, stargazing, photography tips

g. great cell phone coverage

Enchantment is a very nice place located about 20 mins. from uptown secluded in a canyon. It is a SW experience and has great amenities.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,280 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP- Enchanted vs. L'Auberge de Sedona Resort (Sept.)

Wow, Groper, it almost sounds like you work at L'Auberge!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,192 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP- Enchanted vs. L'Auberge de Sedona Resort (Sept.)

Hmmm, I wondered about that Hummingbird. First time poster...

NYC
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HELP- Enchanted vs. L'Auberge de Sedona Resort (Sept.)

I am planning a canyon ranch/ l'auberge Christmas/new year's with my mom...any suggestions for new year's from the Sedona folk? We will have a car but would like to stay fairly close to the resort.

Tks,

Lisa