We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation advice

Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
accommodation advice

Hi

I'm looking for 3 nights in September in a hotel or lodge with a decent pool, and preferably with kitchen facilities but not essential. Walking distance to places to eat and drink and near some good scenery. Looking to spend max of £300. Is that asking too much?

Cheers

Glenolden, Pa.
Level Contributor
228 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation advice

You shouldn't have a problem since your max. is approx. $485.00 usd.

arizona
Level Contributor
19 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation advice

You might check out Cedars Resort. Not really a resort, but they have a decent pool, fabulous views and an excellent location. You can walk to Tlaquapacque and all of downtown. Rates are reasonable, when we stayed in May the rates varied from $99 to $159.

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
148 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation advice

I would recommend Sky Ranch Lodge. There is a wonderful pool and garden area, also a wine bar and patio with awesome views of the red rocks.There are a variety of rooms to choose from, some with fireplaces and small kitchens. I would ask for a room on the rim...you will have your own private deck to enjoy sunrise and sunsets. Rooms are clean and comfortable.

www.skyranchlodge.com (928-282-6400)

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,063 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation advice

SRL is good but you won't walk to anywhere from the Mesa. Try BW Arroyo Robles, Hyatt or Los Abrigados. All are centrally located TS resorts with good apartment style accommodations.

Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accommodation advice

Thanks for your advice.....but I'm still struggling. I've never found it so hard to choose a place to stay! ;-)

Anyway, I had decided on SRL but also still considering The Rooms Upstairs. I can't find an awful lot of info though. Does anyone local know anything?

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,375 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accommodation advice

I don't know anyone who has stayed at the Room Upstairs but it looks very nice. In fact, seeing their pictures and knowing you are leaning toward SRL - SRL will not look like that. It has a beautiful location but the rooms are very dated. Yes, it h as a pool but there is too much to do in Sedona to worry about a pool. SRL is great for a quick stop over and has lovely gardens, The rooms are clean and adequate but very outdated.

Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accommodation advice

Is it better to be walking distance to uptown? And are there trails from the area you could do without driving anywhere?

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,063 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: accommodation advice

Stop fretting about where to stay. Here a few important points to consider.

You will drive to just about everything, including trailheads, swimming holes and the most popular dining choices. Uptown is the tourist district and features shops and service businesses oriented to tourists including a few eateries. The nearby Gallery District is the more appealing area to shop for art, jewelry, boutiques and more upscale window shopping. You don't need a view from your room. Views are literally everywhere in Sedona. The time that you spend in your room will be minimal and mostly during the hours of darkness. The attractions of Sedona are all around the town, but not in it. As I said, you will get in your car and drive each day in one of three directions from the Y at the heart of Sedona. It will begin with breakfast and you probably won't return to your room again until nightfall, except to possibly do a quick clean up or change of clothes for dinner. Sedona is not about relaxing by a swimming pool. It is not a traditional resort destination.

Pick a place where you will be comfortable sleeping at night. Then arrive with an open mind and expect to be blown away by Sedona and what it has to offer.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
565 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: accommodation advice

Sky Ranch Lodge has outstanding grounds with little creeks/ponds that wonder thru it,and lots of trees The rooms are very dated but clean. There is quite a bit of noise as the Tour Helicopters tend to fly over it on take off. Employees helpful and personable.

Take a look at 'L'Auberge, but not sure if any of their units have kitchens. It is on Oak Creek and very nice.The Hyatt units do have kitchens too, and great views, and they have a new restaurant called sound Bytes that is open late.

As RR stated, Sedona is spread out and you'll need a car to go to most destinations.

Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: accommodation advice

I'll try to stop fretting! ;-)

1 night at Adobe Grand Villas for a treat and 2 at either SRL or Desert Quail.

Does that sound like a plan?

I've never had such a problem deciding where to stay. There are so many good options!