We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bike rental, bike routes in Sedona

atlantic city
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
bike rental, bike routes in Sedona

Sounds like seeing Sedona from a bike might be fun. We bike regularly, but on flat paved or boardwalk surfaces. Any recommendations for bike rentals and bike paths in Sedona area? I guess they rent helmets with the bikes (or should I plan to bring with me?) We will be at Days Inn.

Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bike rental, bike routes in Sedona

I would recommend Absolute Bikes in the Village of Oak Creek 928-284-1246 www.absolutebikes.net. They rent basic full suspension bikes as well as demo quality bikes. Your bike rental includs the use of a helmet and a free water bottle. You can ride right from the shop to the main trailhead, Bell Rock Pathway.

Bell Rock Pathway is a wide trail that was a wagon trail, then a Jeep road, and now a dirt pathway for hikers, bikers, and equestrians. Very scenic!!!! There are also several fun single track trails that lead off from the pathway if want a little more adventure! They can tell you more at the shop where you can get a free map. They also have someone leading tours if you're interested in that.

California
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bike rental, bike routes in Sedona

Do they have bike rentals for children? My daughter is 10 and that's something we could all do as a family. Thanks.

Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bike rental, bike routes in Sedona

Yes, they do have kids bikes, Specialized Hot Rock. Lot's of families our riding on the pathway. It's fun to park your bikes and hike around on Bell Rock too.

California
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bike rental, bike routes in Sedona

Sounds good. This may be a silly question but does one need special shoes for the hiking/biking or will a good pair of tennis shoes be fine? We will be doing some hiking but didn't know if tennis shoes will be too slippery on the trails/rocks. Thanks.

Sedona, AZ
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bike rental, bike routes in Sedona

Very good question, not silly at all. Either hiking or tennis shoes are fine. Hiking boots are great if you're concerned about ankle support but tennis shoes have more grip on the slick rocks. Just be aware that if your tennis shoes are white they will go home with a pink color because of the red dirt.

California
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: bike rental, bike routes in Sedona

Thanks. Bring old tennis shoes if you don't like the color pink. LOL