We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

phoenix to sedona to albuquerque...???

Augusta, Georgia
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
phoenix to sedona to albuquerque...???

We are planning a trip to Sedona this July and would like to go on to Albuquerque/Sante Fe and possibly Taos. We fly into Phoeniz and fly out of Albuquerque. My husband and I have been to Scottsdale, Tuscon and Sedona over 10 years ago - before our daughter was born. She will be 10 this summer and we will be taking her this time.

I don't like changing hotels every day or two so I'd like to stay 2 or 3 in a few places. We are currently booked in the Wigwan Golf resort and spa outside Phoenix. I figure we could stay here 2 nights???

We loved Sedona and cannot wait to return. We stayed at the Enchantment resort last time and hope to do the same on this trip. We will probably stay for 3 nights - although I really would like more there!!!

Hopefully we can make it to Albuquerque on the 6th day and stay there or Sante Fe for the last few nights. Does anyone have any suggestions for the New Mexico part of this trip ???Or do I have to go to another forum???

As much as we love Sedona, we really have been dying to see Santa Fe..Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Edmond, OK
Level Contributor
480 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: phoenix to sedona to albuquerque...???

Hi there! First go to www.newmexico.org and request a visitor's guide. This will help you alot. Depending on how many days you are planning in NM, you will probably end up in Albuquerque the first nite since it is a LONG drive from Sedona. There are several things to see in Albq. then go up to Santa Fe and plan on at least two days there. Taos is a day trip from SF and back. Not sure there is as much to see for a 10 yr. old in Taos but the drive is really pretty and it has it's own personality. SF is different from Albq. too. Albq. is having it's 300th anniversery this year so go to www.itsatrip.org for their guide. SF is www.santafe.org. We try to go to NM every summer and have not seen everything yet! Hope you have a wonderful time!