We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oak Creek Brewery

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
95 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Oak Creek Brewery

Just curious if this is worth going to and if beers are good?

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oak Creek Brewery

I've been the tasting room in Uptown Sedona. There is another location that's more of a brewpub in (or near) Tlaquepaque that I've never been to.

It's a cool but very small space. There is a great patio though, if the weather's right. They have, IIRC, five beers on tap and a few bottles of wine that you can try. You can get a sample tray or a pint. I don't believe you can buy the bottles there but can get a growler filled.

Per the beer, I'm a big fan of Arizona beer and think that it's done very well there. I would probably put this in the middle somewhere. If you're familiar with your Ohio beers, I would equate it to CBC, as they have a similar style range (light, wheat, IPA, brown, etc.). They never do anything terribly interesting though like Elevator, Great Lakes or Hoppin Frog does.

If you're interested in local beer, there are a couple of great breweries in both Phoenix and in Flagstaff.

hth

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,823 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oak Creek Brewery

Actually the best stop is at the brewery itself off CoffeePot Road, across from Bashas. They have entertainment on weekend nights and Simons Hot Dogs is there for eats.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oak Creek Brewery

I always thought that was Uptown. Looking at it though, I've always been wrong.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
95 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oak Creek Brewery

Looks like Oak Creek will be a stop. What brewery would you recommend in Flagstaff?

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,168 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oak Creek Brewery

If you go to the brewpub/restaurant, they have 8-10 brews on tap and a decent lunch or dinner menu. I always sit at the bar for quicker service, especially if there is a line for a table.

The brewery is great for a relaxing sit at the patio or to listen to the band.

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
451 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oak Creek Brewery

I love visiting the actual brewery location on coffeepot road. It's a little difficult to find but so worth it. And the little hot dog stand they have is awesome! Far cry from your ordinary hot dogs. If you'll be in the valley at all you should really visit Papago Brewery in south Scottsdale. AWESOME beers and cool place.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oak Creek Brewery

Hi:

I love Brewery tours and am wondering if they offer one, the cost and if its worth it? Also, what tasting do they have?

Thanks.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,823 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oak Creek Brewery

No tour really. It's all right there opposite the bar where you'll be sitting.

9. Re: Oak Creek Brewery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 18, 2013