We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Church youth group to Phoenix, Sedona, and Grand Canyon.

Owensboro, KY
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Topic
Church youth group to Phoenix, Sedona, and Grand Canyon.

I will be traveling with a group of teenagers and adults through Arizona for a couple of days following a mission trip to Sells, AZ. Our exact dates are July 1-3 for the extra travel on our own. We want to definitely see Sedona and Grand Canyon but have a limited budget and not much time. Does anyone have any suggestions on where would be a good and inexpensive place to stay that's centrally located? Are there any goup activities that would be worth checking into?

My family went in June last year and we loved the area! I don't know if I can let 25 teenagers loose on Bell Rock though or on a Grand Canyon trail. What should we do? What about monsoons?

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Church youth group to Phoenix, Sedona, and Grand Canyon.

I don't know what church you are from but if you have the same church here in Flagstaff I'd give them a call. Might be able to arrange something. Flastaff is a good base. Its around 1 1/2 hr to the GC via 180 and sedona is about 40 mins via scenic 89a. And there are more activites in town for the kids to do. If you ask the same church in the area they may be willing to let you stay at their halls. Its at least an option. Monsoons usually start in Augest. And who knows if we will be getting any thing this year. So I wouldn't worry about that.

Also with a group that large make sure to contact the group sales person at the different hotels they should be able to get you a discounted rate. If you want to do capming or cabin type stuff we have a great KOA about 10 minutes east of Williams right off of I-40. It has nice trees and a go cart zone for the kids. Its the one off of Circle Pinke/Garland Prarie Road near the Deer Farm.

www.route66.com/KOAWilliams/Images/index.html

www.visitsedona.com

www.flagstaffchamber.com

www.americansouthwest.net/arizona/map.html