We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where should I stay?

Evansville
3 posts
Save Topic
where should I stay?

My husband and I are only going to be in Sedona one night and I would like a moderate priced hotel with a nice bed and a balcony with a great view-any suggestions?

Paradise Valley...
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
565 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where should I stay?

If you dont mind doing a 90 minute tour/no pressure talk you should contact the Hyatt vacation village there. Its in the best location with the best views. You can stay in a $200 night room for free granted you do the 90 min presentation. Its sooo worth it and a great deal. Or you could stay at the amara Resort on the creek. Have fun!

Evansville
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where should I stay?

Thanks so much for the tips-I will check them both out.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where should I stay?

You should also check out the Matterhorn (not sure if it's called Matterhorn Inn or Matterhorn Lodge). It is a nice, affordable hotel that would be perfect for you. Each room has either a balcony or patio overlooking the red rocks of Sedona. The location of the hotel upon a high hill allows for the fantastic views as well as being ideally located near the shops of Sedona. It's nothing real fancy, but the rooms are clean and comfortable. You can't beat the views or the price of this excellent independent hotel. Their website is http://www.matterhornlodge.com.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where should I stay?

www.visitsedona.com is a wealth of info.

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where should I stay?

I highly recommend Sky View. It's ontop Airport Mesa, and the view rooms have decks that go right to the edge of a drop off. Many rooms have fireplaces--ask. The entire town (it seems like) both locals and tourists come to the top of Airport Mesa to see the sunset, and if you are at Sky View, you simply step out on your deck and settle into your chair, very private and very wonderful. The people there are marvelous. For some unknown reason, Sky View is still moderately priced. :)

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where should I stay?

I've never heard of the Sky View before. You're not confusing it with the Matterhorn that I recommended or a place called the Sky Ranch Lodge are you? Next to the Matterhorn is a Best Western that is pretty nice too but a bit pricy.

Evansville
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: where should I stay?

wow-I'm overwhelmed by all the help and great suggestions-thank you all! We have decided t go with the Matterhorn-it seemed like a big plus to be in town and not have to deal with traffic. I love you all!

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,527 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where should I stay?

You will be pleased with the Matterhorn. Please let us know how your stay was when you get back.

Michigan
Level Contributor
297 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where should I stay?

I 2nd the Sky ranch-because of the cost and it has a great view. There are better hotels in Sedona but the moderatly cost criteria is my factor

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,487 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where should I stay?

Yep! Absolutely confusing the view with the name. Thanks for the correction.