We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Sedona

New York
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Sedona

Hi!

My boyfriend and I are taking a much needed vacation from NYC to Sedona. Neither of us has ever been, and I was wondering if anyone can has some ideas on places we must go or see. This is more of a let's relax and have a romantic long weekend together kind of a trip. We're planning on taking a day trip to the grand canyon, and we would like to do some hiking. I thought about a yoga hike but there are so many to choose from.

Any help would be so much appreciated. Thank you so much!

Michigan
Level Contributor
297 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Sedona

Yoga hike? I've never heard of that. But if it cost money I would not bother. there are so many trail choices around Sedona that it boggles the mind---and they go from easy 1 milers to all dayers. One of my personal choices is the West Fork of Oak Creek in which the trail head is a few miles north of Sedona. You can make it as long as you want as it is part of a through hike across a mountain ridge. I like it because it follows the river and that you have to do many crossings (boulder to boulder or tree falls bridges) you won't get wet if you are careful. But the romance factor for many of the hikes is a plus as you can go off the trails (many of them, not just Oak Creek) and not worry about being interupted. Pack a picnic lunch with some cheese and wine and have some natural relaxing fun LOL. You don't say when your are going but Oak creek can be about 10-15 cooler than Sedona (elevation) so you be prepared--Layer!

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Sedona

Hi and welcome. On your way up from Phx I'd suggest stopping at Montezuma's Castle for an hour or so its right off of I-17 not too far from Sedona exit. Other popular attractions are the Verdi Valley Rail road, Jerome, Tuzigoot. Those are just in those general areas. www.visitsedona.com for more info. I'd also do a pink jeep tour www.pinkjeep.com for some back country experience. And depending on the time of year soak in some sun at slide rock state park. On the way back from the GC a nice dinner at Charlies on Leroux street might be worth checking out or the Horsemans Lodge has great steak and salad bar. I haven't heard of a yoga hike sounds like that would hurt but theres a first for everything. Perhapse a nice hike to Bell Rock is in order. If you can find a place that sells Arizona Highways I'd buy one or two of those. They list great trails you can alos look up info on their website www.arizonahighways.com.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Sedona

Try to dine at night at the Sedona Airport, not fancy, but a great view at sunset. Also, shop in downtown Sedona. Dragonlady's suggestions are good.