We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Sedona Wineries

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Best Sedona Wineries

My husband and I are taking our first trip to Sedona in a couple of weeks and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations about the wineries in Sedona? Are there any that are particularly noteworthy? Are they worth taking the time to visit?

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,144 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Sedona Wineries

The wineries are primarily south and west of Sedona.

http://www.arizonawine.org/VVwinetrail.html

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
729 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Sedona Wineries

When we were in sedona on of the gift shops had a wine tasting counter set up, I do not know the name..... I bet RR does though.

I believe it was sample 4 wines for $8

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
619 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Sedona Wineries

There are three clustered right together on Page Springs Rd (Javelina Leap, Page Springs Cellars and Oak Creek Vineyards). They each had their own distinctive character. We visited that group of three and later, after a trip to Montezuma Well, visited Alcantara, which is off of Rt. 260.

I thought all were worth a visit, but my favorites were Javelina Leap and Alcantara. If I remember correctly, Javelina Leap made all of their wines from local grapes. Alcantara is a bit younger, and not all of their vines are mature enough yet to make good wines. They had some made from their own grapes and others that use grapes from a sister winery in CA.

KCK
Level Contributor
867 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Sedona Wineries

We were partial to Page Springs and Arizona Stronghold's wine.

But honestly we had a good time at all of them.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Sedona Wineries

If you're there on a Saturday, L'Auberge offers a very nice and elegant wine tasting. It's complimentary if you're staying there but kind of steep ($40) if not. It was very nice though. They provided a beautiful tray of assorted cheese, crackers and fruit. Most wines we tasted were Californian. We also tried the AZ's Stronghold white blend. It was surprisingly good. If you're a guest there, I'd make a point of doing it.

tucson az
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,144 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Sedona Wineries

The group of wineries mentioned above on Page Springs Rd are conveniently grouped and have very good wines. Frankly for myself I would much prefer to taste wines at the winery where it is produced, where I also will very likely learn about the grapes and the wine-making. A hotel wine-tasting just simply wouldn't "make it" for me. Be sure to check their hours. There is also at least one tour available, and it's nice to indulge and let someone else do the driving: www.sedonaadventuretours.com/wine-tours/

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
619 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Sedona Wineries

I agree with you, bobbear. I'm not against going to a wine tasting at a hotel or shop, but it's not the same as visiting the winery itself.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Sedona Wineries

There are a few wineries you can visit on Page Springs but don't expect it to be like Napa with tours of the fermenting barrels.

Downtown Cottonwood, south of Sedona, has a cluster of nice wine tasting store fronts that are very nice including Arizona Stronghold.

tucson az
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,144 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Sedona Wineries

The wineries on Page Springs Rd have web sites (see link way above) with photos, and some do have barrel tours. And that's a good thought MTB that this is not Napa. Lower expectations, but the wines are great!

Sedona, Arizona
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Sedona Wineries

In addition to the 3 wineries right on Page Springs Road, there is AZ stronghold in Cottonwood:

Arizona Stronghold Tasting Room

1023 North Main Street

Cottonwood, AZ 86326

(928) 639-2789

Up in Jerome (maybe 40 minutes from Sedona, but a nice drive and a very unique town up on the side of a hill) is Caduceus Cellars Tasting Room. That's the winery owned my Maynard from the band Tool.

Good luck!