We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona Weather in April

monmouth, nj
Level Contributor
295 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Sedona Weather in April

Family of three, H,W and 15 year old, we were initially planning a Scottsdale, GC, LV trip over Easter break this April but I fell in love with Sedona via this forum so changed my mind and started planning a Sedona (day trip to GC), LV trip. However, I just noticed the temp difference between Scottsdale and Sedona and now I"m rethinking my plan. We are escaping a brutal NE winter and I really wanted warmer weather to relax by the pool after a day of hiking and sightseeing. I don't think that's going to happen in Sedona. Any suggestions???

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,081 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona Weather in April

It's nice that you have fallen in love with Sedona, but it's clear that you don't know why. People don't visit Sedona with a goal of relaxing by a pool on a hot afternoon. That's just not what goes on here. And it's not because of the weather. It's all about the natural beauty.

Sedona is over 3000 feet higher in elevation than Scottsdale and a completely different environment. April is spring and highs are generally in the 60-70s range. Nights are still cold.

If you're set on laying by a pool and getting a tan to go back to NE, stay in Scottsdale. If you can open your mind to a totally different vacation experience that will send you home relaxed and rejuvenated, choose Sedona.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,610 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona Weather in April

I've hiked in shorts as early as March and seen snow flurries after mid-April (with 80 degree temperatures later in the week). Your days will start out cool, but warm up nicely during the day. The Sedona area is a great place to explore. I've never had time for the pool, even in July.

monmouth, nj
Level Contributor
295 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona Weather in April

RedRox, I want a bit of both. How about a Scottsdale (to thaw out), Sedona, GC (to marvel at natural wonders), LV (15 year old really wants to exp. and I'd rather she do it with us at 15 than with her friends at 21) itinierary without too much backtracking and no more than 3 hotel changes? I know that this has come up before in the forum but my head is spinning. If you could just condense it for us that would be much appreciated. About 6 or 7 nights total.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
66,081 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona Weather in April

Yes, you can do it. I'd do 1 night at the GCNP. Book that before anything and plan the route around it. www.grandcanyonlodges.com Hopefully you can get a room. 3 nights in Sedona and 3 nights in Scottsdale.

Total driving distances are easy. Scottsdale to GCNP is 4 hours and Sedona is half way between the two.

monmouth, nj
Level Contributor
295 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sedona Weather in April

Sorry RedRox but we're flying into phoenix and home from vegas.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
66,081 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sedona Weather in April

Then Scottsdale, Sedona, GCNP, LV is the logical order.

7. Re: Sedona Weather in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 24, 2012