We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona in December with kids

Phoenix, AZ
1 post
Save Topic
Sedona in December with kids

We are arriving in Sedona for 3 nights at the Amara Resort on Monday, 12/19. We were hoping there would be snow in Flagstaff to take the kids there, but it's not in the forecast! Any ideas what we can do to keep the kids busy and happy? What are some good restaurants in the area for kids? Thanks for any info.

Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona in December with kids

...depends on the children's ages.

pink jeep tour is highly recommended. if the kids are old enough, this will be their trip highlight.

for food, try the red planet diner. sci-fi theme goes over well with the kids.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona in December with kids

I am not sure what Sedona has set up and unfortunately no snow at all in any forcast. Bummer!! Its about an hours drive but here in Williams we have an ice skating rink set up and if there is room available you might still be able to get onto the Polar Express train trip. www.thetrain.com or 1-800-the-train. There are loads of resteraunts in Sedona and in Flagstaff. The Coffee Pot in Sedona is good. Let me know if I can be of any more assistance for Flagstaff area.

Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor