We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona Wedding (HELP)

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sedona Wedding (HELP)

Greetings all: Well after much tossing back in forth - the location for our Wedding is Sedona (Fall 2006).

Does anyone have any tips/ experience from being married in Sedona.

All info is appreciated - no matter how "generic" or "unique" it may be.

Regards.

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona Wedding (HELP)

Hi Caroline...I'm headed out to Sedona this weekend to plan a Spring 2006 wedding. So, I may be able to give you some pointers after the weekend. I will tell you that I had a difficult time trying to plan it all via the web, so, I deceded to take a trip. How many people do you plan to have?

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona Wedding (HELP)

Hey CurlyQ - mine is small - here's what I've done so far (it would be great if we could compare notes - I'd love that).

Wedding Coordinator: I have started to use a wedding planner Karen Lynn (but too new to comment on her services - so far she's been quite prompt in her responses). Gave her $500 deposit for her services.

CurlyQ: If you would like to contact me at divinely_guided@hotmail.com I would love to compare notes - perhaps we can keep other sane LOL! And not drive ourselves and our fiance's too crazy ha!

Ceremony: Outdoors, Sunset on the Red Rocks Sept 22nd (I know it seems far away but I live in Toronto and want to have my finger somewhat on the pulse of the situation).

Accommodation: I am renting a villa for our parents and my fiance and I (leaving that up to my fiance - as he wants to do that)

Cake: Ordered from Sedona Cakes (via wedding consultant).

Music for ceremony: Oman Ken on Harp (I called him yesterday he's available so sent an email to wedding consultant to ensure she nabs him). FYI he quoted me $225 (Prelude, Ceremony and After Ceremony)

Videographer: Consultant recommended one- but decided I don't want a videographer (who has the time to watch reruns of their wedding LOL!). The same company she recommended also does a photographs and videography package for $800 (for 1.5hrs) - good deal though.

Photographer: Currently looking for a photographer.

Flowers: Not sure who (need bouquet and 5 boutinere's - sorry butchered the spelling :-))

Food: Our Consultant is suggesting Cucina Rustica (not sure of this place - I am going to do a posting and see if any locals know the "scoop" on their quality of food here.

Don't hesitate to email me at my hotmail address above, and we can keep in touch with deals, costs and details.

Regards Caroline

Phoenix
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona Wedding (HELP)

Hi CurlyQs and CarolineB -

Ladies, we are all in the same boat...I'm also planning a wedding in Sedona for Spring 2006.

CarolineB - You'd mentioned using Karen Lynn. I've spoken to her a couple of times. My fiance and I are hoping to have either a wedding for just the two of us or for approx. 75 people. In preliminary discussions, she's suggested Cucina Rustica as well. My fiance and I are going up today to talk with another wedding advisor and, as you say, 'compare notes.' I'd asked Karen for a harpist and she quoted me on a guitarist. Not so sure I'm happy with that 'executive decision.'

CurlyQs - I know what you mean about feeling as though a trip up to Sedona is needed. My fiance and I live in the Phoenix area, so we feel it's a good idea to take a trip up there and talk with someone and see exactly what we're going to get.

I can also keep both of you posted as to what I find out. I can tell you that Sedona is a WONDERFUL place - your guests will be in awe of their surroundings. Fall is an especially beautiful time of year.

Good luck, ladies, and I hope to keep in touch.

Kim

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona Wedding (HELP)

I used to live in Sedona and can recommend the following:

Possibly the best photographer in the entire are is Joshua Vaughan. He is fantastic.

The best DJ for a reception would be Jeanie Carroll. Jeanie is at www.sedonamemory.com and if you pick her for your wedding planner you have made a good decision. She knows everyone. She also has an incredible voice if you are looking for a singer. She used to sing at Club Med in France. She is REALLY good.

If you have the money, an outdoor wedding at L'Auberge, where your guests take a small cable car up a hill so you have an uninterrupted view of the rocks, cannot be beat. It is spectacular.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sedona Wedding (HELP)

Gourmand -

THANK YOU so much for your suggestions/ideas. Sounds like you know quite a few people, too. :-) How could you move out of Sedona? It's so beautiful up there.

As far as a DJ, we are simply going with a harpist and heard Oman Ken was the person to call. I will FOR SURE look into your photography suggestion. Getting married in Sedona, great pictures are of the UTMOST importance.

Thanks again - it's so appreciated. :-)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,642 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sedona Wedding (HELP)

My friend got married there last May, at the Quail Ridge Resort (I THINK that's the name, Quail was in it) which is in the village of Oak Creek, down from Sedona a bit. They were married on the tennis courts (very nice, honest) and the backdrop was Bell rock in all its sunset glory. We had the reception right there at the resort, outside (it was Memorial Day weekend) and it went very well. Most of theparty stayed at the resort or across the street at the motels, and the Graham House B and B is right next door (tres nice as well for staying).

They brought all their own food and drink as they are locals from Phoenix, but there are many caterers around. The resort helped them plan it all and the entire ceremony was done for a very reasonable price. The minister, a local, had the couple release two white doves (his own) at the end of the ceremony, which then flew away together (back to the coop)---very touching, not twee at all.

Oak Creek Village is less busy than Sedona, but still has all the amenities (including an outlet mall and a great coffee spot) and is a quick drive to Sedona Village proper.

Congratulations!

Petaluma, California
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sedona Wedding (HELP)

I do miss Sedona and go there about 3 times a year to visit friends and just experience the energy of Sedona. In fact some of my best friends in the world live in Sedona.

I left because I missed the ocean after 8 years in Sedona and found a great job where the temperature is always 65 degrees on the beach. I cannot say I miss the heat of Sedona! I will take the beach any day.

Where I live now is equally beautiful - that is the only way I could have moved.

Hope you find Joshua. He is extraordinary. His photography has been published in many magazines.

Have a beautiful wedding.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sedona Wedding (HELP)

I envy you brides! Your wedding pictures will be fantastic...guaranteed!

Now the local expert will have to help me with this, I have been to Sedona twice (AND LOVED IT). There is a little village that I cannot spell but will try: TLAPAQUE VILLAGE that was built to look as though it was Guadalajara 400 years ago. In that village they have a very small chapel (seats maybe 25) where they host weddings.

Sorry I didn't get a lot of details, I absolutely loved the place but have been married for over 20 years and didn't keep all the details in my head. But it might be something you'd be interested in especially if you only have a small amount of guests. What a beautiful place!

Congratulations!

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Sedona Wedding (HELP)

Hello Zeebo - the quaint little church in the Tlaquepaque village http://www.tlaq.com/Chapel.cfm certainly facilitates wedding ceremony's. Many of the Sedona wedding coordinators include this little chapel in their packages also. And it is a popular wedding location.

My ceremony is outside by the Redrocks at Sunset though.

However the Tlaquepaqque chapel is indeed a lovely location and a great suggestion Zeebo for many of the other brides who browse the site looking for ideas. Thanks Zeebo.

Bye for now.

Regards, Caroline

Minnesota
Level Contributor
110 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sedona Wedding (HELP)

Your wedding site sounds beautiful.

I have been married almost 25 years, and looking back if I had to trim the budget on anything it would definitely NOT be the pictures. I just know your pictures will turn out incredibly beautiful and you will look back on them for many, many years.

Best wishes.