We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many nights would you recommend to stay in Sedona?

Illinois
Level Contributor
781 posts
69 reviews
74 helpful votes
How many nights would you recommend to stay in Sedona?

We are planning our trip for next May. Right now we plan on spending 2 nights in Sedona, 2 nights in Page and 3 nights in the Grand Canyon South rim area. Nothing is booked yet so we are able to move days around. We have 1 more available night. Should it be Sedona or Grand Canyon? We like to hike and see the sights. We have not even started looking at hotels and sights to see so we are very open-minded. Any input appreciated. Thanks~

Sedona, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
69,825 posts
249 reviews
251 helpful votes
1. Re: How many nights would you recommend to stay in Sedona?

Sedona has no less than 10 very popular time share resorts inside of a relatively small town. I mention this because the TS resorts have accomodations that are geared for visits that last a full week. Sedona has more than enough to keep you busy and entertained for that much time. Most people who come to Sedona and stay for 2-3 days write trip reports and mention that they regret not spending more time there. The variety of activity options and destinations for day trips is actually more diverse than what you can find at the Grand Canyon NP. And the availability of accomodations and services is also much more complete.

Take a look at www.visitsedona.com to get more ideas about what your options are in Sedona. I would urge you to add more time there as you plan your visit.

toronto
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: How many nights would you recommend to stay in Sedona?

Based on my family's April trip to Arizona, I would encourage you to add that extra night to Sedona. There is so much to see and do there that I was sorry that we didn't have four nights there. You can certainly do alot of hiking around Sedona. We spent two nights at the South rim of the Grand Canyon and that was enough. Two nights is fine for Page.

Nashville
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
87 reviews
59 helpful votes
3. Re: How many nights would you recommend to stay in Sedona?

We were in Sedona last week for 2 nights and spent one night at the Grand Canyon. That is all we took the time for because we wanted to visit Zion and Bryce in Utah.

While I am very glad we took the time for a quick trip to Utah, if (or when) we return to the area, I would stay at least 3-4 nights in Sedona. I feel like we did a lot in the Grand Canyon in the 24 or so hours we were there. If you plan to do a lot of hiking, 2 nights would be better than 1. There is so much more in Sedona that I would have loved to have done. I think I could spend half a day just sitting on a rock and taking in the beautiful views of the red rocks. There is just a magic there that you have to see to really appreciate it.

If I had the time that you do, I would lean toward reducing the Grand Canyon to 2 nights and spend 4 nights in Sedona. That is just my 2 cents worth based on my personal preferences.

You will have a great time no matter what you decide. Have fun planning for the next 11 monthts. May was a great time to be there. Temps were in the 70's during the daytime.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
410 posts
12 reviews
8 helpful votes
4. Re: How many nights would you recommend to stay in Sedona?

We were in Sedona this past April for 3 nights. For us, it wasn't long enough. We wish that we had stayed at least 2 more nights or more. It's a beautiful place and there is a lot to see. When you go, do take time to relax and enjoy the beauty of Sedona. It is the most beautiful city that I've ever seen.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,805 posts
84 reviews
72 helpful votes
5. Re: How many nights would you recommend to stay in Sedona?

Consider more time in Sedona, I keep coming back to Sedona and will do day trips to the Grand Canyon or Page, depending who I'm travelling with. My 20 year old daughter took a look at the Grand Canyon and said let's head back to Sedona. No matter what you do, sounds like a great trip.

Cape Girardeau, Mo
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
53 reviews
44 helpful votes
6. Re: How many nights would you recommend to stay in Sedona?

Spend 2 nights at the Grand Canyon, 2 days and 1 night in Page, and 4 in Sedona. You'll wish you had more time in Sedona when it's all said and done.

We spent 5 nights in Sedona last September, and even that wasn't enough. We're planning another 5, maybe 6 nights there again this coming September. You'll want to come back too.

Illinois
Level Contributor
781 posts
69 reviews
74 helpful votes
7. Re: How many nights would you recommend to stay in Sedona?

Wow....I cannot believe the overwhelming response to spending more time in Sedona. We are definetely adding 1 more night to Sedona....possibly 2 more nights. Thanks everyone for all your help. As we continue planning I'll be counting on you for more help such as hotel choices and things to do such as hikes. Thanks again~

Cape Girardeau, Mo
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
53 reviews
44 helpful votes
8. Re: How many nights would you recommend to stay in Sedona?

A good place to start your planning for Sedona is www.visitsedona.com. Trip Advisor is here to help, so as you start building your itinerary, fire away!

Jerome, AZ
Level Contributor
799 posts
5 reviews
17 helpful votes
9. Re: How many nights would you recommend to stay in Sedona?

all the rest of them that you have.......

Sedona, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,506 posts
61 reviews
33 helpful votes
10. Re: How many nights would you recommend to stay in Sedona?

I'm with Morganism. No matter how many nights we stayed here, it was never enough.

Get answers to your questions about Sedona