We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Slide Rock Park - April

Boston Ma
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Slide Rock Park - April

We are going to be in Sedona in April. What is the weather like? Traveling with (2) 14 year old boys boys and (1) 13 year old girl. Is this something for them to do?

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
75 helpful votes
1. Re: Slide Rock Park - April

April sill is cold and can produce rain and some snow in higher elevations. It might be a nice area to check out but will probably be too cold.

check out www.visitsedona.com

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,872 posts
250 reviews
250 helpful votes
2. Re: Slide Rock Park - April

Slide Rock SP is a cool place, but it's doubtful that you or the boys will want to get in the water there in April. April weather can be anything from a last winter snow storm to early summer heat with temps in the 80s. And there's no way to know. Regardless, it's one of the best times to be here. Springtime in northern AZ is fabulous and generally sunny and clear.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
333 posts
27 reviews
41 helpful votes
3. Re: Slide Rock Park - April

HiKMarBostonMa,

I have to agree with RedRox, the weather in April can be anything from hot and dry to a late winter storm, so you probably will not want to get in the water of Oak Creek as it flows from a higher elevation and probably will be cold.

You will want to at least go to Slide Rock State Park and walk down to the creek - it is very pretty.

Enjoy you trip!

Wayne

Boston Ma
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Slide Rock Park - April

Thank you...

We are going to be Sedona for two day and are planning on doing the pink jeep tour is there anything else that you could sugguest that teenageager would love? We are then going from Sedona to the south rim for the mule trip to phantom ranch can you tell me what we should expect for the weather there?

Thank again for all your feedback.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
333 posts
27 reviews
41 helpful votes
5. Re: Slide Rock Park - April

Hi KMarBostonMa.

Sedona has lots to see and do if he is into mountain biking, there's a place in Sedona to rent them and they help with where to go as well.

The ghost town of Jerome is only a 35 min drive from Sedona and that is a great place with lots of interesting things to see!

Red Rock State Park is a great place to visit and hike,

If you are into hiking, theres hiking trails everywhere and from easy to challenging trails.

If you are interested in art - there's more art galleries in Sedona than you can see in one trip.

So, I don't think you and he will be lacking in things to do!

Thanks,

Wayne

Lomita, CA
Level Contributor
624 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
6. Re: Slide Rock Park - April

My teenager still talks about these three stops.

If your kids are into ghost stories (my 15 year old is), make sure they read up on the local legends if you go to Jerome. I was just blown away by the logistics of the town on the side of that steep mountain.

Also, we took the Verde Canyon Railroad

( http://www.verdecanyonrr.com/ ) which was pretty cool. It is in Clarkdale. It's a four hour ride through the back country.

Tuzigoot National Monument was on the way there, which was a quicker stop, but well worth it. Very interesting ruins.

Lomita, CA
Level Contributor
624 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: Slide Rock Park - April

And we did go to Slide Rock Park in April. The water was freezing!

8. Re: Slide Rock Park - April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, September 18, 2009