We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A question for Pstreet! :-)

California
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Topic
A question for Pstreet! :-)

Hi,

I read your advice on Priceline...

question: Do you have any choice at all about smoking or non smoking rooms? Or preference for a top floor?

I'm hypersensitive (unfortunately) to people stomping around above me. :-/

Thanks!

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,499 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A question for Pstreet! :-)

No, all you can do is ask when you check in. We've found the front desk to be accomodating---but there is always the chance that you'll simply have to settle for the room they give you.

I know some people call the hotel about 3-4 days before checkin and make a request; that might help---but again, it's up to the front desk where you are located. Smoking/non-smoking is an issue that I can't imagine them balking at. Certainly if you called before and said it was a health issue, the front desk would (at least I think they would) have to consider it. But Priceline gives you no options.

Using www.hotwire.com allows you to specify more people in the room, which for some families is a help. Hotwire uses the same hotels Priceline does, but they are about 20% higher (and sometimes much more than that).

Pat

California
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A question for Pstreet! :-)

Rats! I love the idea of saving money for sure, but with all the driving, we'll need to get a good night sleep. We unfortunately had a bad experience where the folks upstairs came in late and walked around above us for hours, and we ended up very exhausted the next morning (this was a 2 story motel BTW, no problems in tower types... better insulation I guess) from then on, we asked for upper floors and have had no problems! :-)

Thanks for the heads up!

Cheers!