We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback Riding in Sedona

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Horseback Riding in Sedona

I need some help finding a horseback riding place that I went to back in 2001. I loved it, it was outside of Sedona, we crossed over streams, climbed steep cliffs...it got hairy in some spots. I am not interested in just going for an easy ride, I am looking for a place that has takes you up and down hills, with good views, stream crossings... Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,176 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback Riding in Sedona

So you know that the horseback riding around here isn't really in Sedona... Check the links at www.visitsedona.com

All of the companies are listed there.

Sedona
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback Riding in Sedona

There's no horseback riding in Sedona proper, but You can go at Dead Horse Ranch State Park in Cottonwood. (I know that sounds weird).

There are three different rides along the Verde River at a cost of $70 to $136, depending on the ride length. (Lunch is served on the 3 hour ride.) Hours are 8-6 every day, and reservations are recommended. There are some restrictions on height, weight, and minimum age (7).For more info go to www.trailhorseadventures.com. We haven't been yet, but hope to in June. Please let us know how it goes!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horseback Riding in Sedona

Also, the rides are nose-to-tail there is no freedom in the riding. And yes it is all in the Cottonwood area far from the red rocks.

San Diego , CA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Horseback Riding in Sedona

I looked for that same place, found out they closed the business and the closes now is in a town 20 minutes away but they ride next to a river but its not in the red rocks.

5. Re: Horseback Riding in Sedona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, September 29, 2009