We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lovely Sedona / Grand Canyon Trip Report

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Level Contributor
31 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Lovely Sedona / Grand Canyon Trip Report

Wow, we have just returned and how we wish we were still in Sedona. Thank you to RedRox, Sedona MTB and Dragonfly lady for the excellent tips. Thanks also to the many others who offered advice. Your town of Sedona is just what we needed. Kudos to you. The town is beautiful, the trails well kept. I won't go into great detail on GC or Scottsdale, will post in their forum. Thank you again, all the tips really paid off.

DAY 1; Stayed at Adobe Grand Villas in West Sedona. Absolutely incredible and far exceeded what we expected. The rooms were out of a dream. Seriously, the bathrooms are huge and as large as most motel rooms. We found the staff aloof, but did not mind. We practically had the place to ourselves. Loved the location and everything about it, would highly, highly recommend.

After a long drive from California, my husband got a massage at the inn, it was wonderful. Afterwards went straight to the Cowboy Club for dinner. Very good with great, friendly service.

DAY 2: Foot massage at Sedona New Day Spa, VERY good. Would recommend. Went to Bell Rock and did small hike with our young child. Loved every second of the scenery.

Then went to Cathedral Rock and did another very small hike.

Headed to Wildflower for lunch. Food was okay, but reasonable.

Went straight to Slide Rock. Line was a 15 minute wait, but oh so worth it. Our child had a blast! Gorgeous scenery. Word of warning though. We saw tons of kids totally unsupervised and falling and really hitting their heads. Get a clue people!

Headed to pink jeep for a 5pm Broken Arrow Tour. Definitely the highlight of the trip. Again, our child LOVED it and giggled the entire time. Totally worth the price, would do it again in a minute.

Ate dinner at Oak Creek Brewery. Beer was great. Food was totally disgusting and we left very unsatisfied. It was a tourist trap, would recommend going to their brewery in west sedona for beer alone. Wait staff was awful. But, that's okay because we were in Sedona and who needs food when the scenery is so wonderful!

DAY 3: Went to Jerome for lunch. Ate at Haunted Hamburger. Great food, fun people. LOVED JEROME. Great, great, place to visit. Funky, sassy little shops. Lots of cool buildings and art. Worth the drive from Sedona.

On the way back went to Cathedral Crossing, it was beautiful, as thunder clouds were just coming in. Great pictures. Very serene.

Headed to Airport Road for sunset, stunning.

Went to Pizza Picazzo's for dinner. Good pizza and a fun place.

DAY 4: left Sedona (should have stayed longer) and headed to Garland's jewelry (would have never known, if not for this forum) and purchased incredible jewelry. Very helpful and nice staff, loved it. Drove up the 89 to the south rim, beautiful drive.

Checked into a bright angel rim cabin. Loved the location. Cabin was cute and clean. Very small and thin walls. I have to say I loved everything about it but the mattress. Totally unable to sleep on this thing, should have brought a sleeping bag.

Ate dinner at El Tovar, watched sunset at Hopi Point

DAY 5: Left out east entrance, made all the stops along the way. Wowzers! Desert view tower, amazing

DAY 6: Scottsdale. Nothing like Sedona, enough said.

Surprise, Arizona
Level Contributor
301 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lovely Sedona / Grand Canyon Trip Report

Thanks for the fun trip report!--sounds like you had a great time. I totally agree with you about Slide Rock--a fun place but it is very slippery and we've also seen some nasty slips! I also got a chuckle out of your last statement! :O) Hurry back!

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,864 posts
363 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lovely Sedona / Grand Canyon Trip Report

Glad you enjoyed your trip to Sedona and yes, this forum is the best for finding great tip. I also found out about Garland from posting here and now can't miss going there. Sounds like all worked out well for you.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lovely Sedona / Grand Canyon Trip Report

Glad you had a good time. Should have tried the Coffee Pot restraunt exellent food. Thats for the next trip right??? Can't wait to read the rest of the report. Any photos to go with???

San Diego
Level Contributor
31 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lovely Sedona / Grand Canyon Trip Report

We had breakfast included with our hotel stay, but next time we will try the coffee pot for sure! Already planning a trip for this fall or spring. Lots of pics to post!