We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$fee for pulling off road to look at the sights.

Anderson, SC
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
$fee for pulling off road to look at the sights.

I have read somewhere on this forum that there is a $5.00 fee for a pass that allows you to pull off to the side of the road and see the sights. Is this true? And, if so, where is such a pass purchased in Sedona.

Thanks.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,644 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: $fee for pulling off road to look at the sights.

It's called a Red Rock Pass and you will see signs as you enter town. There are several places where you can get the permit.

Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: $fee for pulling off road to look at the sights.

Hi,

I was a little surprised at your question so I visited www.redrockcountry.org website to delve further as I will be making my first trip to the area in a few weeks and this is what I found: "A pass is not required for incidental stopping to take a photograph or to enjoy a scenic vista (approximately 15 minutes or less)." That being said, a day pass is only $5 and the money goes toward the conservation of the area. I think $5 is more than reasonable. There is a wealth of info at the website as well.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
937 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: $fee for pulling off road to look at the sights.

You may purchase the pass as you first come into the Sedona area, just look for the signs. I have said this before, if you are 62 year old you can stop at any national park and buy a golden pass. It is good for all national parks, and as a red rock pass. Just put it on your dash board. It cost only $10.00 and your whole car load may get into the Grand Canyon or any other national Park. It is a life time pass. There are many National Parks in Arizona.

Anderson, SC
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: $fee for pulling off road to look at the sights.

Thank you so much for clarifying this point for me Saguarosam. We will be purchasing a Senior National Park Pass when we get to the GC, or perhaps we can find one in Sedona......Looking forward to our trip.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
937 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: $fee for pulling off road to look at the sights.

If you come to Sedona before going to to Grand Canyon. Montezuma's

Castle Natonal Monument is very close to Sedona off interstate 17. It is said to be the best preserved cliff dwellings in the United States. It is worth going to and you can get your golden pass there. If not you can get your red rock pass at the Chamber of Commerce after the first light off hwy 279 or in uptown Sedona in the

Sinagua Plaza shopping center.

Have a great trip and please enjoy Sedona.

6. Re: $fee for pulling off road to look at the sights.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 01, 2009