We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

America the Beautiful Pass

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glendale, California
Level Contributor
82 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
America the Beautiful Pass

Does anyone know if this works for any of the places in Sedona? Do I still need a Red Rock Pass if I get an America the Beautiful pass? Can you buy an America the Beautiful pass in Sedona? I'm heading to Bryce & Zion after Sedona, so I want to have it before I get there if it's of value in Sedona. Otherwise, I'll buy it at the gates to Bryce.

Thanks! :)

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,785 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: America the Beautiful Pass

Glad you had a good time. Will you post a review?

Philly
Level Contributor
21 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: America the Beautiful Pass

Sounds like you had a good trip. How did you like Palatki? How were the roads? Did you take Dry Creek to Boynton Pass or Red Canyon?

BTW, for anyone that's interested, the Golden Eagle Pass has been replaced by the America the Beautiful Senior Pass. It's still $10, and is good for life.

CA
Level Contributor
147 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: America the Beautiful Pass

I am new to all of this, what is the difference between the America the Beautiful pass and the Red Rock pass. We're flying into Phoenix-2nights; 2nights-Sedona;one night -Kachina Lodge- then Bryce,Zion, end Vegas home to sjc. all help welcome , thanks in advance.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
826 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: America the Beautiful Pass

America the Beautiful Pass is purchased through the National Parks Service and allows your car into any National Forest or National Park for free for one year. The Red Rocks Pass is a pass I believe that gets you into the Coconino National Forrest around Sedona and can be purchased as a daily or weekly pass. If you are going to multiple national parks or forests in a year, buy the America the Beautiful Pass.

Iowa
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: America the Beautiful Pass

We used an America the Beautiful Pass last week. It probably paid for itself. I need to add up everything we used it for.

We were not allowed to use it to hike Oak Creek Canyon West Fork trail. There are signs all over that say it is National Forest, but the "rude" person at the booth said no, because this is "special, blah, blah, blah"

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
642 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: America the Beautiful Pass

Does it wotth it to buy a pass if I whant to visit Sedona & Grand canyon, we are a family of 4 , 2 adults , 2 teenagers for a total of 3 days ?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,782 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: America the Beautiful Pass

If you are only visiting one national park or monument, then it is better to just purchase the admission at the Grand Canyon. I think it is $25 for a 7 day pass per car.

Have a great trip.

18. Re: America the Beautiful Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, September 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sedona