We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whole in the wall...

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Whole in the wall...

Quite often on my tours I get asked about the "locals" favorite. Well, on my day off today, the first in about 2 months, I went out to Page Springs Road for a swim but on the way I had lunch at a place I haven't eaten at in years. I had forgotten what a local, quiet, pleasent, easy going place it is. I highly recommend them for lunch.

In any case, If you are interested in a truely local place without pretention check out Page Springs Bar and Restaurant on Page Springs Road just south on 89A outside Sedona. Most of the tables are hanging over over Oak Creek with spectacualar views of the creek and all it's wildlife and flow.

Lunch is less crowded and you can include it with a trip to the Page Springs Fish Hatchery and visit three different winery's. They are busiest at dinner so if you want to make sure you can get in, make a reservation.

I would also like to add that the restaurant has been owned by the same family since 1974. The history of the place is very interesting. The owners are usually there working so just aske them.

(Again, I always want to make sure that people know that I get no kick backs via commissions or free anything from the businesses that I recommend. Just good honest advice!)

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,287 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whole in the wall...

Susan,

Like you I haven't been there for a while. It used to be a regular Friday night stop for the Prime Rib special. But I thought I had heard recently that it had changed hands. Am I mistaken?

They always had good ribs too.

2. Re: Whole in the wall...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 31, 2009