We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunsets

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
3,017 reviews
Save Topic
Sunsets

We will have a rental and want to experience the best spots for sunset on our trip. Please share the best spots.

5 replies to this topic
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,164 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunsets

When? Where is your rental?

Classic spot is Red Rock Crossing, or viewpoints on Upper Red Rock Loop Rd.

Airport Mesa is popular if you can stand the crowds.

I also like Little Horse or Yavapai Vista trailheads.

And finally, the patio at TiGavo at Enchantment.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
3,017 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunsets

I meant a rental car. So we can drive. And I was hoping for natural spots and a few dinner or Happy hour locations for the best sunset views. Thanks!!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,164 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunsets

TiGavo, Mariposa and The Hudson for happy hour with Windows for sunset.

Red Rock Crossing for the best natural setting anywhere.

Kalispell, Montana
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Santa Fe, Sedona
Level Contributor
10,928 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunsets

Agreeing totally with RedRox on restaurants...add in Elote.

Our favorite sunset being photographers is also...the classic sunset view with Oak Creek in the foreground at Red Rock Crossing. That specific site is across the meadow, down by the creek behind the first restroom after you pass through the entrance gate. RRC requires a $10 entrance fee. As with any sunset allow about an houror 45 minutes settled in place beforehand in order to see the entire changing of the light on the rocks as sun sets. To get a basic idea of the area click on this link which has nothing to do with my own photography. www.gettyimages.com/photos/red-rock-crossing…

We also enjoy the Bell Rock area near the village of Oak Creek, and areas out along the ultra scenic Dry Creek/Boynton Canyon Scenic byway. The latter leads to the famous Enchantment Resort, so you know how pretty it is out there. Airport Mesa comes down the list for us because its too busy with rude, sometimes loud, selfie taking visitor’s...parking is also limited.. The view from up there is neat but it also has West Sedona buildings and houses cluttering the view if you are looking for a natural setting for sunset.

We also enjoy lunch and drinks out at Enchantment...View 180 is nice and has those views as well..

Edited: 1:23 pm, December 12, 2017
Level Contributor
38,840 posts
1,013 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunsets

We saw Airport Mesa on our Pink Jeep tour, it is a beautiful place! 🌵

Reply to: Sunsets
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted