We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting married in Sedona

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington State
5 posts
Save Topic
Getting married in Sedona

My fiance' and I are planning to get married (second time around for us both) in Sedona on May 6th of this year. We're not having a wedding per se since we don't want a big deal...it's more of an elopement.

Any suggestions as to where to do this? Neither of us have been to Sedona before. Also, any suggestions about a nice resort to stay in? Somewhere romantic, with a spa on site and nice restaurants.

Thanks so much!

Lori and Randy

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,140 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting married in Sedona

Getting married in Sedona is a very popular thing to do, so big or small, you had best plan it in advance. Otherwise you may not find anyone qualified to do it. There are many wedding planners in Sedona. Check the Chamber of Commerce link.

Romantic hotels with nice restaurants and spas include, L'Auberge and Enchantment.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting married in Sedona

I would recommend Jenelle Sparkman. Here is her website.

http://www.redrockcelebrations.com/

I would also recommend going to www.visitsedona.com and find the weddings section. Janelle is a member but there are other services listed as well.

Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting married in Sedona

Hi there - I got married in Sedona last September. The wonderful thing is it can be very low key, and intimate that is geared more towards your wants and needs.

Location: We got married at Red Rock Crossing at Sun Set (a beautiful spot that is accessible and beautiful at Sun Set)

Photographer: The photogropher I had was Pamela Duffy - her rates were fantastic, her work phenominal. She was very gracious and accommodating. Pamela is a seasoned photographer who has won awards (even photographed Mother Theresa in India). Anway you may want to check her out. I liked her work as it is versitile and kind of photojournalistic. As our wedding was low key we wanted those unique, intimate and natural moments captured.

Wedding Planner: I used a wedding planner for the day Karen Lynn. She is very professional and knows her stuff. My day was headache free. I had the hairdresser turn up at my accomodation. He was great, he did a fantastic job and my makeup was natural (me only better LOL!). Karen Lynn organized the hairdresser and the car to pick me up. I had an antique Bentley pick us up - as it was a nice way to arrive and depart from our ceremony.

Ceremony: Our ceremony was small, intimate, spiritual and designed by us for us. It was meaningful and something we will never forget.

Music: We had Oman Ken play harp at our wedding location. So as we said our vows and during the photo's Oman added an angelic elegance and relaxation to our day.

All in all our wedding was wonderful, unique, absolutely what I wanted, headache free, spiriutal and meaningful to us. You can not choose a more wonderful place to commit yourself to your partner. Congratulations - I truly wish you a wonderful Wedding Day.

Accomodation: we rented a house in Uptown Sedona from Red Rock Realty

Wedding Dinner: We went to Cucina Rustica (food is phenominal and atmosphere was fun, relaxing and intimate).

Only thing that disappointed me was my cake (SedonaCakes) expensive and not the quality I would have expected for the price.

4. Re: Getting married in Sedona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, August 23, 2009