We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sedona Trip in June

Which Sedona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
2 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Sedona Trip in June

I am looking for info on tours or other information. We are not hikers, but 1/2 mile or maybe a mile wouldn't be too much for us.

Montezuma's Castle & Wells seems like a stop that can be done without a tour. Would this be a correct assumption.

We would like to do an off road tour. I have visited all the tour operator sites and they look pretty much the same. Any good reviews or bad ones would be appreciated.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
55,140 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sedona Trip in June

You'll enjoy Montezuma's Castle. Also plan to see the chapel of the Holy Cross. Take a walk on Bell Rock.

Pink Jeep Tours is the most popular jeep company in town. They'll help you decide which trip to take. Broken Arrow is the one most often recommended.

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
2 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sedona Trip in June

I am seriously looking at the Pink Jeep Tours because they seem pretty popular, though I have given some thought to a company called the Adventure Company.

They offer one called the Broken Axle Trail that sounds good.

The problem is that I am afraid that one view will look the same as another and so it is hard to decide.

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
Level Contributor
552 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sedona Trip in June

I understand your concern about getting burned out on the views. I had this concern as well when I went to Sedona. I spent 2 days in Sedona last August and I was not interested in hiking. I ended up not taking a tour at all but doing the drive myself. All the stores and tour stops have really good maps to guide you to all the rock sites. They are very easy to get to. I could see Bell Rock from my B&B so I didn't drive up there, but I did go to Holy Cross (which is an absolute MUST SEE).

Driving it yourself you can decide how much you really want to see and not be stuck on a multi-hour tour. There is a lot more to see and do than rocks in Sedona, so you won't be bored.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
Level Contributor
1,490 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sedona Trip in June

Yes, I have to say you really can do it yourself with a good map for hiking or Jeeping. The tool-kit for doing so can be found at the Sedona Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center ( not to be confused with the Time-Share visitor sites.)

The Castle and the Well are a must and I'm sure within your limits.

Regarding the Jeep or van tours; it depends on your interests. If you want a "Disney Land" type of ride do the Broken Arrow tour. If you are more interested in the culture here and are on a budget do both of the Sedona Trolly tours, if you want a tour of Native American tours Pink Jeeps offers a tour to Honanki. But you can also drive yourself to Palatki, the larger site, and get a Ranger led tour.

If you have any further quetions please post them here.

5. Re: Sedona Trip in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 28, 2009