We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central America
Level Contributor
339 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic

What kind of weather can we expect when we visit first week in January?

Delmar, NY
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Weather

I visit the area several times a year, including visits in December and January. The nights will be cool, usually 40's and 50's. The days are almost always sunny and usually warm up to the high 60's to mid 70's. Because the sun is so bright, it feels even warmer than the temperatures might suggest.My boys and I always go swimming. My wife, who is much more sensitive to the cold, often swims as well.Also, and very importantly, the weather in Arizona--especially in the valley--is usually much better than the weather report. TS (thunderstorms) or R (rain) or C (cloudy) does NOT mean what it means in the Northeast where I live or elsewhere in the country. In Arizona it means there may or may not be a thunderstorm somewhere in the vicinity; there may be some rain somewhere in the vicinity; there may be some clouds at sometime during the day.In short, the weather in Arizona's valley is almost invariably fabulous. It won't be summer warm (i.e., hot) in January. But most days will be beautiful.

Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question