We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last night in Scottsdale -what's for dinner?

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
326 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Last night in Scottsdale -what's for dinner?

This is our last night in Scottsdale before moving to Sedona. (Still worried about fires, but that's another problem). I have read reviews till I'm blue in the face and really would like opinions. We ate at Houston's (loved) and Olive and Ivy (good). Looking for excellent food - anything except steak (had that at Houston's), nice atmosphere with few children not too far from the Montelucia Resort. We want an experience, not somewhere that will rush us out the door. Any ideas?

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Last night in Scottsdale -what's for dinner?

You could eat at Royal Palm of Lon's for hotel food, Tarbells or Tomaso's for Italian, Desert Jade for good Chinese food. What do you want?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
326 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last night in Scottsdale -what's for dinner?

I want delicious, and local, and see too many options. Having Italian tomorrow night in Sedona. I do have to eat gluten free so most of the time Chinese is out. Tick tock..... Help!

Edited: 8:25 pm, May 26, 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Last night in Scottsdale -what's for dinner?

Try Beckett;'s Table, relatively new but getting rave reviews,

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g31310-d19…

Also don't know why all the fresh veggies at Desert Jade would give you a problem. they cook to order.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g31310-d33…

Edited: 8:42 pm, May 26, 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
326 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last night in Scottsdale -what's for dinner?

Becketts closed on Monday. )-: It is not the vegis in Chinese it is the soy!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
590 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last night in Scottsdale -what's for dinner?

Bianco at Town and Country. NYT once said it was possibly the best pizza in the world. It is.

Doc Jay.

Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last night in Scottsdale -what's for dinner?

If you are looking for an interesting take on food (especially having someone eating gluten free), you might want to take a look at True Food Kitchen in the Scottsdale Quarter.

My wife and many of her family (who are local to PHX) love the place...

I love love Pizzeria Bianco - but sadly getting my wife there while she is Gluten Free is kind of out of the question...

Edited: 5:21 pm, June 18, 2014
Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last night in Scottsdale -what's for dinner?

Folks, this person's last night was May 26th. I don't think they need further suggestions.

Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last night in Scottsdale -what's for dinner?

whoops

9. Re: Last night in Scottsdale -what's for dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 21, 2015