We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a couple restaurant suggestions please

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Need a couple restaurant suggestions please

I know there is advice all over the forums, and certainly Tripadvisor's top rated list, but too many to read through, and we're leaving tomorrow and still have lots to do yet here at home before we get to relax (and leave behind the horrid Midwest never ending winter). Anyways, DH and I plan to do a nice restaurant one night, like at the Sanctuary or Firesky, but I'm looking for suggestions for those cute little eateries that are yummy, and have more of the wholesome fresh tastes. Places that are maybe modern in decor and some casual charming places. For sure looking for a place that serves awesome fresh tacos and fabulous margaritas wouldn't hurt too. I just think about some of the places I've dined in Florida and Costa Rica where the place wasn't fancy but the food was still awesome because it was all fresh food and full of flavor. And they weren't terribly expensive. Thanks for your suggestions!

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
11,137 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a couple restaurant suggestions please

How far are you willing to drive and what do you consider 'expensive'?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
124 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a couple restaurant suggestions please

Homey, good mexican. Local favorite.

http://barriocafe.com/

Upscale, but really amazing authentic Mexican food. The margaritas are out of this world. A wonderful selection of sipping tequila. Romantic, beautiful setting. Gorgeous.

fairmont.com/scottsdale/dining/la-hacienda/

Maizies is an absolute favorite and it has a great breakfast brunch. It is low key, popular, greAt food local place in Central phoenix. Central and Camelback

http://www.maiziescafe.com/our-menu

Sanctuary much better than Firesky

Olive and Ivy in Scottsdale is constantly good and will be amazing this weekend weather

Have a great time

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
533 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a couple restaurant suggestions please

If you're in Scottsdale, there's no need to go to Barrio Cafe, Barrio Queen is the same chef/owner. It's one of the places I consistently recommend, and one of my personal favorites (I've lived in Scottsdale a long time, and eaten out frequently). Another place in Scottsdale is Lolo's Chicken and Waffles, which not only served chicken and waffles, but soul food as well, and never disappoints.

There are also higher-end places like Fleming's or even Houston's...it just depends what you want and where you're staying Scottsdale as to what's close.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
124 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a couple restaurant suggestions please

Lolos..yes! That's a good one

5. Re: Need a couple restaurant suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 14, 2015