We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday brunch recommendations & taxis

Halifax UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday brunch recommendations & taxis

Staying in Scottsdale area (near Paradise Valley looking at the map?) for 2 weeks and would like to try a Sunday brunch as not something we do in the UK.

Can you recommend a good hotel to try this.

Also are taxi's easily available and reasonable price. Staying in a villa we would like to eat a couple of nights but do not want to drive as been on holiday it would be nice to have a drink.

Last question do you have an online phone directory and what is the web site. I can see if any restaurants are near by using map quest. The further away the more a taxi will cost, I might be looking for takeaway's instead

Looking forward to our trip, bit worried about the heat as 27 is hot for the north of England. (please do not laugh) I might return to the UK never stating I like the heat again.

Thanks

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
50 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday brunch recommendations & taxis

The Marquesa at the Princess is the number one place for brunch. Reservations a must. Not sure if they are open for brunch during the summer though.

Since I live here; do not know about taxis. I am sure that the concierge at your accommations will be helpful with restaurants.

As for the heat, we plan outdoor activities for early morning and the evening.

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,087 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday brunch recommendations & taxis

El Chorro Lodge is know for their Sunday Brunch and have the best sticky buns around. It is in Paradise Valley also.

http://www.elchorrolodge.com/

Halifax UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday brunch recommendations & taxis

Thanks for those

We are actually staying in a villa so no concierge. Hope the villa has a directory enquiry book as we call them in them UK. (list of company phone numbers) maybe I will find a taxi company

Paradise Valley...
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
565 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday brunch recommendations & taxis

Best Sunday Champagne brunch is at The Camelback Inn in the PV area. It has Everything...it is a JW Marriot property. Taxi's are not everywhere but if you call any taxi company they will pick you up and take you where you wish....you may have a 5-30 min wait at most after phoning. Other hotel brunches not in Paradise valley that are wonderful are Scottsdale Conference Center Resort. i will agree with a previous post that I have heard that the Princess Resort also has a great spread. Enjoy your time . :)

5. Re: Sunday brunch recommendations & taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, August 12, 2009