We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest resort pool in Scottsdale?

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BPT
Atlanta
Level Contributor
424 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Nicest resort pool in Scottsdale?

My step-mom lives in Scottsdale and I'm visiting her in 2 weeks for the first time since my Dad died two years ago. It's been too painful for me to come to AZ until now so I want us to have fun and make some new memories. With all that background, I want to treat us to a really nice day/night at a resort (probably won't even sleep there). I want a fabulous pool. Lush. Nice pool bar. Relaxing. Luxury. I saw some resorts have pool slides. I have great memories of doing this with her in Maui 25 years ago! She doesn't like spas so that doesn't matter. There seems to be a lot of experts on this forum, so what resort would you recommend? No $ constraints. Thanks for your help!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nicest resort pool in Scottsdale?

I think the Phoenician or the Biltmore would fit the bill.

Would also strongly recommend the JW Marriott Camelback Inn as having the best spa. They have a nice pool within the spa,but the main pool does not have quite the "wow" factor as the other two.

Biltmore has one large pool with two? slides and many smaller pools around the hotel building. Phoenican has three or four large pools, including an adults only pool called Mother of Pearl?? There is a slide there. The slides at both places are pretty tame and used mostly by children. Both have nice pool bar set ups as well as servers that will bring things to your chair.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nicest resort pool in Scottsdale?

I think the pool in the new Concierge section of the Biltmore is adults only.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,383 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nicest resort pool in Scottsdale?

For what you're wanting, I agree that the Biltmore or the Phoenician would fit the bill. There are other pools that have more features, but not quite as "luxurious" as the first two. (Westin Kierland and JW Marriott Desert Ridge come to mind.) There's also the Four Seasons up in North Scottsdale, which is about as luxurious as it gets. They don't have any pool slides or lazy rivers, but the pool service is fantastic, and the setting is beautiful - note that it's a desert setting, though. It's a bit out of town, but if all you're planning to do is sit by the pool, then location doesn't matter. They don't have a swim up bar like some of the other resorts, if that matters to you.

Edited: 7:32 pm, October 12, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,383 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nicest resort pool in Scottsdale?

P.S. I'm sorry about your dad; I hope you and your step-mom have a lovely time!

I also had the thought; if you want another outing, you might consider a trip to the English Rose Tea Room in Carefree. It's a cute little place, and great for a "ladies day out". Plus, Carefree and the neighboring Cave Creek are fun places to wander and shop.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nicest resort pool in Scottsdale?

Agree the Four Seasons has a wonderful pool with excellent service and food, it's removed from the hustle of Scottsdale so it would be good for your purposes as well. One of the most beautiful pool settings is the Hyatt Gainey Ranch, lovely landscaping and gardens, lakes. Hummingbird's suggestion of the English Rose Tea Room is superb, especially if you choose Four Seasons. Enjoy your time together and making your new memories.

6. Re: Nicest resort pool in Scottsdale?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 14, 2014