We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Restaurant choices

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
184 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Restaurant choices

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping to get your opinion on my restaurant selections for our upcoming vacation to Scottsdale. Our first night will be spent at the Marriott Old Scottsdale and the next week at our timeshare at the Westin Kierland.

Here is what I have:

Old Town Scottsdale--Bandera (chose by reading yelp, trip advisor etc) but open to anything that is in that general area. Don't really care what cost is this night since it will just be my husband and I.

Westin Kierland week- we really like to stay where we can walk and take the shuttle. We love having a few cocktails or so with dinner on vacation and don't want to worry about driving.

2 nights we have two couples with kids so I tried to pick places that were not too expensive

Sol Cocina and Grimaldis Pizza and BBQing at the Villas one night is what we have planned for now. We try to avoid places like Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs etc because we have those at home.

2 Adult Nights with other friends I have Eddie V's and Brio Tuscan on the list.

This leaves 2 nights for my husband and I where we don't need big meals but would probably go out. Any suggestions in the Kierland Commons, Scottsdale Quarter, or the hotel itself for dinner? A good happy hour especially a late one 9pm on would be great as well.

I would appreciate any suggestions and or advice on the places I have already chosen. Thanks so much and can't wait to get to your beautiful weather this weekend:)

Gina

Mentioned in this post
Old Town Scottsdale
Old Town Scottsdale
4,526 Reviews
Scottsdale, AZ
Bandera
Bandera
804 Reviews
Scottsdale, AZ
The Cheesecake Factory
The Cheesecake Factory
544 Reviews
Scottsdale, AZ
Kierland Commons
Kierland Commons
200 Reviews
Scottsdale, AZ
Scottsdale Quarter
Scottsdale Quarter
84 Reviews
Scottsdale, AZ
Tempe, Arizona
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Restaurant choices

If you can, try to make it down to Tempe. There are some REALLY great restaurants out that way. The places you want to go (local favorites) are Four Peaks Brewery and Rula Bula.

Four peaks is a local brewery with great food and great atmosphere that serves their own beer. Its very good, not too expensive, and i've never been disappointed while dining there. It does get VERY crowded so plan on getting there a little earlier and don't expect to just sit down. With that being said, i've never had to wait over 20 minutes for a table.

Rula Bula is an "irish pub" that has GREAT irish food and beer. It's located on ASU's campus and if you go at night (when it's cool) you have to sit outside. It's a great atmosphere, great people and wonderful wings. :)

Mentioned in this post
Tempe
Tempe
Central Arizona, AZ
Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
11,510 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Restaurant choices

Rula Bula is not located on ASU campus. It is located at the north end of Mill Avenue, on the east side, next to the Mission Palms hotel. It's a good bar, but the food is rather average. Nice patio though.

Four Peaks, located on 8th Street between Rural and McClintock is a very good local micro brewery. Everything there is good.

From the Westin Kierland, I doubt you make it this far south, but I just wanted to clear the previous post up. What I would recommend is the Four Peaks Grill & Tap in Scottsdale, it's not far from you and here's the website:http://www.fourpeaks.com/

Mentioned in this post
Four Peaks Grill & Tap
Four Peaks Grill & Tap
246 Reviews
Scottsdale, AZ
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
184 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Restaurant choices

Thank you both for your help and suggestions. I really appreciate it!

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,761 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Restaurant choices

Love Grimaldi's...if you like garlic order the white pizza...amazing. Also at the Quarter is Menchie's Frozen Yogurt, also amazing, great quality.

Mentioned in this post
Menchie's Frozen Yogurt
Menchie's Frozen Yogurt
19 Reviews
Scottsdale, AZ
glasgow uk
Level Contributor
804 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Restaurant choices

Bandera is a very good choice for your first night. The chicken and ribs are very good. We love Grimaldis and go there every year. We tried Dominick's Steak House in the Quarter last year and enjoyed it so much that we went back a second time. It is expensive but the food was delicious and a pool side table was very nice. We also enjoyed Brio and True Foods.

We're coming back to Scottsdale in 4 weeks and are looking forward to 2 weeks at Kierland. Can't wait to get some sunshine

Mentioned in this post
Bandera
Bandera
804 Reviews
Scottsdale, AZ
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
184 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with Restaurant choices

Hi everyone ,

So far we have done Banderas, Brio Tuscan , Sol Cocina, and grimaldis. Tonight is Eddie V's. Will write reviews when I get home. I hate toying on the IPad haha. Thanks for all your help. Gina

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,761 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with Restaurant choices

Hope you are having a good visit, look forward to reading your reports!

Bahamas
Level Contributor
50 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with Restaurant choices

Heading to scottsdale on Saturday - reservations a Bandera Sunday ; liked it the first time & looking forward to Sunday

9. Re: Help with Restaurant choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 11, 2014