We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taliesin West-Frank Lloyd Wright

Clawson, Michigan...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taliesin West-Frank Lloyd Wright

Does anyone have any helpful tips for a day-trip to Taliesin West, the Frank Lloyd Wright house in Scottsdale, AZ?

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taliesin West-Frank Lloyd Wright

By "tips", do you mean, which tour should you take? They have a number of different tours; the 90 minute Insights Tour is quite popular. They also have a longer, more in-depth tour, plus a desert walk, nighttime tours, etc. Which tour you choose also depends on your interest level, and how much time you want to spend there.

franklloydwright.org/about/TaliesinWestTours…

Visitors who are big FLW fans sometimes choose to also tour/visit a few of the other FLW buildings around Phoenix, in conjunction with a trip to Taliesin.

…about.com/library/bl-wright-list.htm

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taliesin West-Frank Lloyd Wright

We took then longer tour. Almost 3 hours. Enjoyed it very much. Make a reservation.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
238 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taliesin West-Frank Lloyd Wright

I took the 90 minute tour yesterday. Frankly, I was totally underwhelmed by the place. I am a fan of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture but Taliesin West did nothing for me.

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taliesin West-Frank Lloyd Wright

Different strokes for different folks.

5. Re: Taliesin West-Frank Lloyd Wright

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 12, 2014