We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tall Order

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
Level Contributor
2,237 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Tall Order

I was at a conference in Scottsdale last year and really enjoyed the historic area, shops and trolley system. I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and found it pleasant, but average. This March, I am bringing my 11 year old son to see Giants baseball and sunshine for five days. I have been researching hotels and so far like the Holiday Inn Express, but am wondering if there is something a little nicer and more fun...indoor/outdoor space, fun pool, spa, or other amenities. Here's the kicker...I don't drive, and am a little car phobic (I go to Seattle and NYC regularly.....just hate those six lane suburban crossings) so need a hotel with local shuttle or a hotel close to a trolley stop. Budget is up to $300 a night. Thank you!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tall Order

There's a fairly nice Courtyard Marriott in Old Town that's in walking distance of Scottsdale Stadium and a short cab ride to where the A's play.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,457 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tall Order

I like Chaparral Suites in downtown Scottsdale - they really do offer alot for your rate there, including airport shuttle, full breakfast, free internet. It is about a block north of Old Town area, close to trolleys. It is a former Embassy Suites, so you get some extra space in your room. It is not the newest in town, but one of the best values and always books up for spring training with repeat visitors, great for families.

(By the way, i have a webcam bookmarked for a live cam in Ketchikan, check it often, especially during our hot summers, brings back memories of living in Anchorage in the 60's and a few cruise stops there recently, lovely place!!)

Edited: 10:45 pm, September 27, 2012
3. Re: Tall Order

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, December 14, 2013