We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Valley Ho or Doubletree Resort?

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul
Level Contributor
29 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Valley Ho or Doubletree Resort?

Narrowed it down to these two for a long weekend for first time visitors. Which has better location, ambience, pool area, and a nice fitness room. Thanks.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Valley Ho or Doubletree Resort?

I have never stayed at either so I don't know about the rooms. I have been to events at both and feel it is a draw on the various things you mentioned. Valley Ho might appeal to a younger crowd and have seen comments here on TA that there is a party hearty crowd at the pool there.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Valley Ho or Doubletree Resort?

The Paradise Valley Doubletree Resort has been going through a remodel. I haven't seen the rooms yet have been told they're nice. I recently saw a room at Hotel Valley Ho. Although nicely appointed, it seemed small for 2 people. The pool area at the Doubletree has a nice ambiance.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
29 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Valley Ho or Doubletree Resort?

Thanks that is very helpful. I am leaning there. Just going to wait and see if any sales pop up in the next month or so at one of the big guns like the Hyatt.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
218 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Valley Ho or Doubletree Resort?

The Valley Ho puts you in Old Town Scottsdale convenient to all the restaurants and shops. You can walk to just about anything but will be a younger crowd at the pool as they have organized pool parties on weekends. You can call the hotel and see if anything is scheduled for your weekend.

The Doubletree puts you out of walking distance to Old Town, however cabs aren't that expensive. The Doubletree is also more of a resort feel, if that's what you're in to.

5. Re: Hotel Valley Ho or Doubletree Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 03, 2013