We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls long weekend spa getaway

Bakersfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
Girls long weekend spa getaway

Hi..we are searching for a spa, pampering only, please, in AZ or anywhere where we can go to a fabulous spa for a long weekend in January, with a great special or good price for hotel/air. We are in California, but would like to fly away and be pampered for 3-4 days. Suggestions?

Thank you!

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,567 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls long weekend spa getaway

January is our "high season" and the valley fills up with visitors, so the rates will also be high, few "specials" in Scottsdale/Phx area. But, some of the resorts do offer packages for resort guests in their spas, so check JWMarriott Camelback Inn, Four Seasons, Montelucia, The Boulders, The Phoenician, Westin Kierland, Fairmont Princess, Sanctuary on Camelback for the best "pampering" spas in the valley. They are all awesome...

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls long weekend spa getaway

All of these spas are booking up now for January. We have the Fiesta Bowl and Parade, auto auctions, horses, art...the list goes on. Plus generally perfect weather. The only way you are going to get a deal is through a Marriott card, or airline card or similar. And even with one of these, it will take a ton of points.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
12 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls long weekend spa getaway

The JW camelback inn, JW desert ridge, montelucia and fairmount princess are my favorite spas here. I was disappointed in the Phoenician and biltmore spas, I expected them to be huge and fabulous, for example at the biltmore the nail spa isn't attached to the main spa. Great service at both, but I expected more. Montelucia often runs deals, call or look into getting onto the email list. Some of the spas will run "happy hour" deals on a certain day of the week. Check on travelzoo sometimes the big resorts will post hotel and spa deals. My four favorite spas offer plenty of space, private spa pool, relaxation areas, spa dining, nice in locker room features, such as hot tubs, steam rooms, cold bath, plunge shower or a Swedish shower (12 shower heads). The previous post is correct January kicks into high season so the big resorts will increase hotel rates. If you plan on staying at just the resort a flight/hotel package will work, however, if you plan on doing anything that involves more than a cab ride to and from dinner you will want to think about a car. All those resorts offer good eating, but can be pricey. Some have good happy hours too, but They are short cab rides from a lot more eating options. Something else to look into many of the resorts do hotel rates/spa packages. Hope that helps, I would be happy to answer any more questions as my girlfriends and I rotate spa days around these resorts through out the year.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,567 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls long weekend spa getaway

I would not say the spas are filling up now for January, yes, it is our busiest time of the year, but i have never been turned away from a reservation and i have been going for years. Be flexible and as soon as you do know your dates and times and the services you want, book your appts (weeks in advance if you can, more if possible).

My favorite and the one that gets my money is Camelback Inn & Spa. I gave up trying to compare and try other spas in town when i always left saying "Camelback is better". It is a matter of taste, but Camelback is the one that makes me smile the biggest. Friendly and elegant, but not pretentious.

5. Re: Girls long weekend spa getaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 13, 2013