We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Desert Oasis

overland park, ks
Level Contributor
108 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton Desert Oasis

Staying here in March with the kids and hubs for a quick getaway....need to know which area of the resort I should request for the best room- is one area better than another? We'd love a quieter spot and one with a better view if there is one would be nice. Also, any suggestions for good grocers and places to dine out in the area would be welcome. I've only been to Scottsdale with the hubs and on a girls trip and stayed at the other end of town- Royal Palms/Montelucia/Firesky, so the condo and this side will be all new! Thanks for the input!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Desert Oasis

I've never stayed at Sheraton Desert Oasis so can't advise much on location. I would think a condo on the interior of the property away from Hayden Road or Loop 101 would be quieter. As for grocery stores, there's a nice Fry's Food Store just north on Hayden Road that will have everything you need. As for the club card and save some $$ while you're here.

Many restaurants to choose from with just a few miles. White Chocolate Grill is good, Maggiano's, In and Out Burger with the kids, Taste of Thai at Loop 101 and FLW are all very convenient. You also have quick access to Loop 101 so can head to Desert Ridge area very quickly - lot's there, too.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Desert Oasis

Aztchr's recommendations are good ones and i would add Trader Joe's to the mix for some pre-made entrees, snacks, wines, fruits and unique & delicious food items. There is one right on Frank L. Wright Blvd. just east of Scottsdale Road.

Charleston's is a nice relaxed restaurant as well, good entrees and a decent happy hour. The peach bellini is my favorite. It is on the NE corner of FLWright and Scottsdale Road.

Scottsdale Quarter and Kierland Commons, south of FLWright on Scottsdale Road offer some great shopping and dining as well. Check out the fancy IPIC movie theater at the Qtr.

Maple Valley, WA
Level Contributor
259 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Desert Oasis

If you want quiet, I would say request a room over by the adult pool. We were there last March and the only time I ever saw anyone use that pool, was guy sleeping in the hammock. But the whole resort is very queit. We are going the end of March this year and we asked to be by the main pool as we spend all our time there.

I second the Trader Joe's Idea. It was great place to get some pre-made foods. There are grocery stores everywhere though.

overland park, ks
Level Contributor
108 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton Desert Oasis

Thanks, all!

Phoenix, Arizona
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton Desert Oasis

This is a beautiful resort, the staff is very friendly and helpfu. The owners are treated like they don't exist. We as owners of the timeshare ran into so many problems.

6. Re: Sheraton Desert Oasis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:40 am, June 18, 2013