We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestions, please

Cape Cod, MA
Level Contributor
130 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant suggestions, please

So many to choose from... we're thinking about Elements or Michael's at the Citadel (which has better food?) for one special night and need one other (preferrably Mexican or Southwestern). Roaring Fork? La Hacienda? Z'Tejas? Many varying opinions on previous posts. Thanks in advance!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant suggestions, please

If you are thinking about the area out towards Michael's, while very good, I would rather do Flemings at DC Ranch. Z'tejas is, in my opinion, the best southwestern cousine in Phoenix.

Paradise Valley...
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
582 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant suggestions, please

If your just deciding between Elements and Michaels. I would say the food is better at Michaels but the view and ambience is over the top at Elements and the food is still good. If you choose Michaels you should go have a drink at the bar at Elements to take in the beauty of this establishment.As for a good southwestern restaurant.....The best one in town that is a hidden gem is called The Barrio cafe. Look up there website search barrio cafe. It is in a sketchy part of town but totally worth the experience.They make tableside guac that is garnished with pomegranets...delicious. Also there desserts are fabulous. They have a wide variety of Tequila if thats your thing...and the best Sangria . Enjoy!