We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Training Tickets

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Spring Training Tickets

Am interested in seeing either the Cubs and/or White Sox at Spring Training. Since we are traveling stand-by (airline employee), we don't know for certain if we will actually get to the area on the first weekend in March. We are hesitant to actually purchase tickets. I know nothing about Spring Training- do we even have a chance to get tickets is we wait until a week before we go? Any help would be appreciated by someone who knows about these things!

Tempe, Az
Level Contributor
633 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Training Tickets

Cubs tickets (Mesa) are very difficult to get

unless purchased in advance! However, White Sox tickets usually are not for games locally

(Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale or Peoria). White Sox train in Tucson so if you'll be down there tickets are no problem. I'd wait until you get here before buying the White Sox tickets and I'd say your chances are less than 50/50 for any Cubs tickets.

Sacramento CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring Training Tickets

I just now tried to get Cubs tix for 1st week in March online - had no problem. Just go to Cubs official website and look under tickets/spring training. But I wouldnt wait any longer!! These things are pretty hot! Do you have accomodations yet? Have fun!!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring Training Tickets

My favorite game to go to is the Cubs vs Giants @ the Giants Scottsdale Stadium. This year it is on Saturday March 4th and will probably sell out. The reason I like this game is the Cub fans and the stadium is in walking distance of the Scottsdale bars. You should buy tickets online asap. If you have to wait you can always try ebay.

Leavenworth,washingt...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring Training Tickets

PEPPERGIRL,We have been going since 1989, you can get tickets ...but you will pay thru the nose. got to Diablo stadium, it is beautiful, tickets are easier to get there. Head to Scottsdale after the game to the Rusty Spur, great fun atmosphere, and a cold beer. good luck.KB

Gilbert
Level Contributor
952 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spring Training Tickets

We go every year as well (we live within 15 min. of Hohokam stadium). I think you'd also have luck with scalpers near the ballpark. We always see a ton of them on game days.

You could also try eBay...

Boston
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Spring Training Tickets

I was able to get Cubs tickets for the 3/4/06 game at Scottsdale just last week. We chose to get lawn seats, and they were only $12.00 each! Enjoy!

Tempe, Az
Level Contributor
633 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spring Training Tickets

FYI - Most Spring training tickets are relatively easy to purchase and hour+ prior to the games EXCEPT for the Cubs games in Mesa! Even lawn tickets will be tough unless you get them NOW on the Net. I'd not depend upon scalpers at Ho-Ho-Kam park either. White Sox tickets in either the Phoenix ballparks or Tucson should not be a problem.