We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have you stayed at the Sheraton Desert Oasis?

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ventura, California
Level Contributor
357 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Have you stayed at the Sheraton Desert Oasis?

Ok, need your honest reviews. I bought a 2 bedroom over at the SDO sight unseen. Have you been there what's it like? I'm holding my breath!!

Parkville, BC
Level Contributor
77 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have you stayed at the Sheraton Desert Oasis?

Hi There,

My parents have a timeshare there and I have stayed there 3x. I love it. The rooms are nice and big and the pool is fabulous. You have to have a car cause nothing is within walking distance. The last time I was there the rooms were getting a little, and I mean just a little, run down. They have a snack bar by the pool that has hamburgers and stuff like that but plenty of really great restaurants nearby. I think you will really like it...

Ankeny, Iowa
Level Contributor
182 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have you stayed at the Sheraton Desert Oasis?

Sorry I haven't stayed there, but I am also an owner of a Starwood timeshare (Harborside Bahamas). I love the starwood network of timeshares, we stayed at the Westin Kierland Villas last year and it was very nice. We also bought before ever staying there and have not regreted our purchase. If you love vacationing, you will find that the Starwood network gives you a lot of great options in addition to your own home resort. On another note: A few of us in the bahamas forum have been discussing the maintanance fees at Harborside, would anyone who owns at Sharaton Desert Oasis or Westin Kierland be willing say what you are paying in fees? We at Harborside are beginning to think that our fees are higher than most of the other SVO timeshares. Thanks!

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,449 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have you stayed at the Sheraton Desert Oasis?

We stayed there on our first trip to Phoenix, before we decided to move there. We loved the resort. Hopefully, you have purchased the "big" one bedroom rather than the studio. The two bedroom units are made up of a "big" one bedroom plus a door into the studio, which is, of course, the second bedroom. You definitely have more room in the one bedroom side, and you have a full kitchen. If you want to learn all there is to know about timeshares, including this one, and how to use them, go to the timeshare users site:

www.tug2.net

It's set up a lot like this forum with lots of friendly people who really know timesharing. You'll learn how to make the most of your purchase. On the home page, click BBS at the top for the bulletin board. It's free to use. If you love it, it costs $15.00 a year to join--best $15.00 you'll spend. For joining you get access to the reviews of thousands of timeshares from Tuggers who have been there; access to the sightings board, where great things like the Manhattan Club are posted when there is a bulk banking--things you'd never get on your own by just requesting a trade; and you support a truly great resource for timesharers. (No, I don't work for them, but I love the site).

Pat

ohio
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Have you stayed at the Sheraton Desert Oasis?

my husband and i have a starwood timeshare at the harborside and we bought a one bedroom and pay $984 in maintenance fees.

Warren, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Have you stayed at the Sheraton Desert Oasis?

We just got our 2006 Timeshare maintenance fee bill. Are you ready?? We own a 2 bedroom in May every OTHER year at the Westin Kierland. Our bill was $593.00. We have to pay this every year though. It went up $200 this year. I was outraged!!!! Last year they didn't charge for the SVN network ($99) and this year they did. Therefore, Im thinking that the maintenance fee for every year would be around $1200. We haven't been though since we bought it 2 years ago, I hope it's worth it. Does anyone else out there own every other year and are experiencing the same outrage!! Susiequeve

Sun City West
Destination Expert
for Rosarito
Level Contributor
4,449 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Have you stayed at the Sheraton Desert Oasis?

As I said, to get in touch with other owners, go to www.tug2.net

On the home page, click BBS at the very top. The forums are filled with friendly people who know all there is to know about timesharing. It's free.

Warren, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Have you stayed at the Sheraton Desert Oasis?

Pstreet1 - Thanks for the website address. I have spent the last hour on it. Very informative. Susiequeve

Ankeny, Iowa
Level Contributor
182 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Have you stayed at the Sheraton Desert Oasis?

Susiequeve-

Your increase is in line with the increases we are seeing at Harborside. Be happy, your fees are still cheaper than the $1800 that two bedroom owners are paying at Harborside. The additional Starwood fee may seam like a lot, but I've been very happy with the option to trade my timeshare into starwood points. Having gold status at starwood hotels is also pretty nice.