We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's ideas for 2 couples in their 30's

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's ideas for 2 couples in their 30's

We are going to be in Scottsdale for the Fiesta Bowl over New Years. My husband and I are going out with 1-2 other couples (also in their 30's). We went to downtown Tempe a couple years ago - didn't like that scene.We are looking for ideas for a fun evening out that includes dinner for New Years Eve? Any ideas? In Scottsdale, are the hotel New Years packages our only choice? Anything that is unique to AZ and the area?

Gilbert
Level Contributor
952 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's ideas for 2 couples in their 30's

I'd check the different resorts websites. Nothing comes to mind specifically, but I'm guessing that will be your best bet. There are a lot of bars & nightclubs in Scottsdale that will surely have a party that night, but if you didn't like Mill Ave, those bars will probably just offer a more-upscale version of the same thing - which is why I'd stick with the resorts.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's ideas for 2 couples in their 30's

You might want to consider doing the Old Town Scottsdale Block party. Their website is www.scottsdalenewyearseveparty.com. It's very much like "Street Scene" in San Diego. Complete with bands, celebrity chefs, etc. The Hotel Valley Ho is a new, hip resort opening in Old Town Scottsdale and they have a New Years package that includes tickets to the block party and breakfast. Thats what we booked.