We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

westin kierland resort or James hotel?

arlington, va
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
westin kierland resort or James hotel?

I have booked a flight to Phoenix and am trying to decide between Kierland Resort and the James Hotel. I love urban, hip hotels, but I also would like to stay somewhere where I can relax and not have to worry that I'm wearing the right clothes or out scouting for a man.

Any suggestions?

Gilbert
Level Contributor
952 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: westin kierland resort or James hotel?

I'm laughing ~ you hit the nail on the head with the difference in these two hotels! I can't even begin to advise you - you seem to know what you are deciding between! The James Hotel does have a very cool bar and is close to other very hip nightclubs, as well as some GREAT shopping (it is in central Scottsdale). Of course, Kierland also has great shopping & dining.... (now that I've really helped you iron that dilemma out...) ;-)

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: westin kierland resort or James hotel?

Westin Kierland is great - a good adult pool, and a fabulous spa. I loved it.

uk
Level Contributor
885 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: westin kierland resort or James hotel?

i cant recommend the james hotel- its aimed at a very young crowd and its not hip and trendy in a 5star way- it is modern but lacks luxury-cant recommend sanctuary on camelback either (but their restaurant- elements is fantastic with great views-their bar is tiny- so overrated)

Paradise Valley...
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
565 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: westin kierland resort or James hotel?

Okay.....I totally agree with all of the previous opinions. Except are you looking for a CRAZY time or do you want to relax more???? If you want something to talk about when you return home with lots of funny story's and nutty surrounding than opt for the James Hotel. Its ain a great location if you plan to shop and see the nightlife. There are also a lot of art galleries around, scottsdale civic center and more culture down there. Now if your looking for less of a scene and not sooo crazy than choose Kierland Westin. The good news is you wont be disappointed with either decision. Westin will be on the nicer side with luxery and comfort in regards to the actual hotel room and the grounds of the hotel.It really depends on you and what you want. Good Luck!