We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best pools

chicago
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
best pools

Hello,

I am wondering which hotel has the best pools in Scottsdale or Phoenix. I am looking to get out of Chicago and just relax. Not really interested in golf, but a work out facility would also be nice.

Paradise Valley...
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
565 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best pools

Best pools-

Fairmont princess / Phoenician / Hyatt Gainey Ranch /

JW Marriot Desert Ridge / James Hotel...but others are nicer. Heres the list. Enjoy!!

Gilbert
Level Contributor
952 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best pools

Once again I agree with LaurieSue. The Phoenician, Hyatt Gainey Ranch, & the JW Marriott are my top picks. The Biltmore has a waterslide & poolside bar, and The Pointe resorts (Tapatio & South Mountain) have great pools with lazy rivers & waterslides, but unless you are travelling with kids, you might not like the noise (since those resorts draw a lot of families). The James Hotel is very hip & modern - a popular destination for 20 & 30-somethings. One of my best friends was just in town from Manhattan and they spent a few nights there...it was right up their alley with the uptown NYC flair.

Tempe, Az
Level Contributor
633 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best pools

I concur with what's been said previously. However, do not over look considering the Pointe Resort at South Mountain. Just 4.5 miles south of the Airport and they have one of best water slides and pools around along with some excellent summer reduced rates too. They have a huge indoor athletic club that is superb. Many good nearby restaurants and the AZ Mills Mall is just 1/2 mile away. Not as plush as the Phoenican etc., but dynamite for a longer weekend of rest & relaxation time!

Great brickhill...
Level Contributor
243 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best pools

i have stayed at many of the high end resorts in arizona , most of those mentioned above . the best pool even with the kids { dont have any dont want any } is the piont hilton squaw peak .

sports pool, lazy river , logoon style as well .

the weekends do get buzy with local familys , good shopping near by .

if you want more adult resort sheraton wildhorse , out the way with real easy access to all .

Brighton
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best pools

Have just returned from Phoenix and we spent a day at the JW Marriott Camelback Inn (I think that's the name). It has a well-equippped men's spa and gym, and an outoor pool. Nice setting, with mountains as the backdrop. It seemed very quiet and relaxed when we visited (last Friday). Can't compare with any others, but we enjoyed it!

NC
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: best pools

JW Marriott Desert Ridge has nice pools but they are kid magnets! Westin Kierland also has great pools and some designated for adults. I've stayed both places and enjoyed them - but, I'd pick Westin Kierland!