We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boys 16th -restaurant ideas?

Which Scottsdale hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,794 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Boys 16th -restaurant ideas?

We will be in Scottsdale for one night visiting friends. It happens that our friends' son will turn 16 on that day. We'd like to take him out for a special dinner/evening . We are afraid that if we just say "choose a place you like" we might end up at fast food heaven so we'd like to give him a few choices and let him pick from those. Any ideas? Price is not a real issue but I'd assume it should be a place where you don't have to get dressed up.

Phoenix AZ
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boys 16th -restaurant ideas?

I would take him to Jillians at the Desert Ridge Market Place. If dinner doesn't look good there, choose one of the other 20 restaurenats on site at the Market Place, everything from burgers to steaks. Jillians is like a Chucky Cheese for teenagers!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,794 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boys 16th -restaurant ideas?

Thanks danado. It sounds like Dave & Busters here in SanDiego. good idea,especially with a mall there that has other dinner choices as well.

Des Moines, Iowa
Destination Expert
for Des Moines
Level Contributor
506 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boys 16th -restaurant ideas?

Oregano's in Scottsdale hits the spot with everyone in our family, from age 8 - 80. It has pizza (including some unusual types), salads, pasta and the like. The only caveat is that it's very popular and waits to be seated can be lengthy.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,501 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boys 16th -restaurant ideas?

Two ideas-The Cheesecake Factory at Kierland has a huge menu and awesome desserts, great for a celebration. Also, Bucca de Beppo is a fun Italian spot, gigantic portions, funky decor and good for a crowd. Both would have food for teens as well as adults. Have fun!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,794 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boys 16th -restaurant ideas?

Thanks everyone. I'll get my maps out and ask the teen which he would prefer. Any other ideas? We still have a few weeks before we go.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boys 16th -restaurant ideas?

If he is a sports fan, would suggest Don and Charlie's on Camelback Road in Scottsdale. More sports memoribila that I have seen in a while, not to mention great food.

7. Re: Boys 16th -restaurant ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 30, 2009